Paging dougwg

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
dougwg said:
so are you saying that I don't need to make this Dan?
I would make it Doug. Many will want it, since it IS easier to install it there, once you get the plug out that is.
Which is another reason you should still make it and in a version that can be plugged closed to just replace the damaged factory plug. Or a blank version.

It's just that I felt the readings may be slightly more accurate in the block and I still wanted to have the use of the bleeder if necessary.

Sorry about the delay, I just now saw the new post.

Dan

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
COBRA90GT said:
Hmmm, I suppose that's another option - have you done this to your vent plug? Were you thinking of a carbide drill bit?

One other thing, how would you loosen the vent plug in the crossover tube once the adapter/water temp sender is screwed into the newly tapped threads on the vent plug? I would think it would be easy to tighten everything down, but loosening the vent plug might be tricky.
(ie - there might not be enough "bite" to loosen everything. The vent plug won't "break free" or turn, when you turn a wrench counterclockwise at the adapter hex fitting. :shrug: ).

Not on mine but on a friend's...
and probably at least a carbide I'ma guessing

and I thought about the loosening it question before but I don't know how it's done unless with some vise grips :lol1:

dougwg

Established Member
ok...

I have postbans crossover tube at the shop for reference
Then all that is needed is a hex to install and remove easily and a 1/8 pipe plug hole on the top.... right?

Material = brass..... cool?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
That would do it.
One thing is that the remainder of the hole (after the end of the threaded portion) must be large enough to accept the probe (sensor). I don't have one to measure for you. Sorry.
These would only work for the electric version of the gauges.

The mechanical type, the ones with a capilary tube, require a tapered seat and what appears to be some kind of a straight cut thread. Again, I don't have one to give you details.

Dan

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
I don't know if it matters, but there is an O-Ring Seal on the Factory Plug and the Part # I mentioned above also comes with the proper O-Ring Seal.

I forgot to mention that I did have to open up the inside of that plug a little also to provide a little space around the Temp Probe.

Users who are viewing this thread