Pacesetter headers are here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Not that it matters in the case of those headers, but here's a pic as an FYI of the OEM manifolds that shows the different sizes of the openings. The '03/'04 Cobra manifold is obviously the top one...

CobraManifoldFlanges.jpg

46stang

Established Member
Well your pics and review inspired me to buy these headers and see how it goes. Not sure when I'll have time to install them but I'm in no hurry. Thanks for posting pics.

My96z

Established Member
lol I havent installed them yet myself. Should be going together in the next two weeks... Wont be able to dyno them right away since I am doing a clutch also and that will need a 500 mile break-in before dyno fun.

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Blasphemy. Just give it a few good heat cycles.

There is absolutely no reason for a clutch to need a 500 mile break in.

My96z

Established Member
Not really any updates yet guys. The motor is going back together. Hopefully I will have you some updates soon.

Looks like I will be going with a UPR K-member while its apart.

For the meantime, here are some pics of the headers on the motor just after the valvetrain got assembled.

The headers look pretty on the stand....

untitled.jpg

headers2.jpg

headers1.jpg

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Looks good!

Those cams and towers look like the ones I always remove from Mark 8 motors with 100+K miles. The heads themselves, look NEW. lol

Boobinspector

Established Member
Looking forward to seeing this once I get back to Hood. By the way what unit are you in? I am in Atrp 1-7CAV. Hopefully after I get down there I should be able to get my cobra down there.

My96z

Established Member
Looks good!

Those cams and towers look like the ones I always remove from Mark 8 motors with 100+K miles. The heads themselves, look NEW. lol

My tuner said that thats what happens when you over heat your motor. The heads were sent to the machine shop for resurfacing, and came back looking like they do.

Boobs - I am in 6-9 Cav, 3rd BDE. Shoot me a PM once you get back and settled.

Last edited:

Anabolic

Banned
whatever you do spray those with a silicone or something because if they get wet there goes your nice polished finish. i ruined my mac LT like that and dont want buy new ones.

Anabolic

Banned
do these actually go around steering linkage or do you still have to go through? i like these, we need dyno results/boost variants with headers/manifolds for these!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread