P1SC to D1SC guys chime in.

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
on my gt i ran the p1sc on my cobra i got the p1sc2.

gt pulley 3.6 9.6lbs
cobra pulley 4.0 9.2lbs.

the p1sc2 feels like it builds quicker and really pulls up top. cant wait to pulley it down seeing as im not even at half its capacity yet

You can't compare 2 valve to a 4 valve. That's like comparing apples to oranges.

02blownGT

Established Member
Already at 10.25:1 compression with a P1, and already stated im not going F1.

Of course im not gonna run the same amount of boost with the D1. And it was never a debate between a D1 or F1.

Your advice is terrible too, upping compression will cost just as much as a d1 upgrade anyways, only to have less gains that the d1 would provide.

Not gonna argue with you.D1 isnt worth the money.Dont get your panties in a bunch.Good luck with the build. :beer:

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
Op, the d1 is a great blower. The upgrade is well worth the money. The name of the game is volumetric efficiency, and the more aggressive design of the d1 makes it much more efficient at the boost levels you want to run(compared to the p1) F1s are awesome, but are expensive. If you need a blower rebuild any way, just do the impeller upgrade.

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
Not gonna argue with you.D1 isnt worth the money.Dont get your panties in a bunch.Good luck with the build. :beer:

Well there isnt anything to argue about, my post never pertained a question asking if I should upgrade. And i just fail to see the logic behind your claim after I already state that Im NOT going to an F1. Nor how opening up the motor and buying the internals for higher compression, for marginal gains would be worth it. That alone is 1k+ dollars. Im also in an area where e85 is almost non existant and I dont want to rely solely on my meth system, and Im already at 10.25:1 comp.

You basically state the D1 sucks and its not worth the money, and have no points or anything to back up your claims. So if your going to be that far off topic of my actual post and question, at least back up your reasoning.

For the price to buy internals and open the engine compared to the relatively equal price for the D1 upgrade which will net more hp, I just dont see your advice as solid logic, I may be wrong so if you would like to prove me wrong then by all means do so.

Op, the d1 is a great blower. The upgrade is well worth the money. The name of the game is volumetric efficiency, and the more aggressive design of the d1 makes it much more efficient at the boost levels you want to run(compared to the p1) F1s are awesome, but are expensive. If you need a blower rebuild any way, just do the impeller upgrade.

^Thats pretty much how I see it, plenty of strong running cars with d1sc, and enough to meet my needs. And like I stated before the F1 is not in the price range of what I want to spend, nor do I really want the headaches that come with it.

slvr35th

Established Member
i picked up 240 hp from switching from p1 to d1 and spinning it a its max! Most this information people are giving you is complete nonsense. Do the upgrade and spin the shit out of it and you will never look back!! Also do you have e-85 in your area? if so do an e-85 tune on like 17-20# and you will be pushing 700+ hp

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
i picked up 240 hp from switching from p1 to d1 and spinning it a its max! Most this information people are giving you is complete nonsense. Do the upgrade and spin the shit out of it and you will never look back!! Also do you have e-85 in your area? if so do an e-85 tune on like 17-20# and you will be pushing 700+ hp

When the time comes, im def going to do the upgrade. Unfortunately no e85 but I do have a snow perf. meth kit on the car now, so ill still be using it. And im glad someone actually said they had awesome gains vs the nay sayers that are f1 nutswingers, or never even had a d1.

02blownGT

Established Member
Well there isnt anything to argue about, my post never pertained a question asking if I should upgrade. And i just fail to see the logic behind your claim after I already state that Im NOT going to an F1. Nor how opening up the motor and buying the internals for higher compression, for marginal gains would be worth it. That alone is 1k+ dollars. Im also in an area where e85 is almost non existant and I dont want to rely solely on my meth system, and Im already at 10.25:1 comp.

You basically state the D1 sucks and its not worth the money, and have no points or anything to back up your claims. So if your going to be that far off topic of my actual post and question, at least back up your reasoning.

For the price to buy internals and open the engine compared to the relatively equal price for the D1 upgrade which will net more hp, I just dont see your advice as solid logic, I may be wrong so if you would like to prove me wrong then by all means do so.

Since you asked,The thing i dont like about the D1 is i didnt see the boost i wanted to see as early as i would like in the rpm band unless spinning it near its max.And since you already have a good bit of compression im not sure how the low to mid range would be without E85.This is why i suggested a blower you are clearly not interested in,It just saves money to stick with a P1 untill you can afford a blower with a better step up ratio to complement that compression.

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
Since you asked,The thing i dont like about the D1 is i didnt see the boost i wanted to see as early as i would like in the rpm band unless spinning it near its max.And since you already have a good bit of compression im not sure how the low to mid range would be without E85.This is why i suggested a blower you are clearly not interested in,It just saves money to stick with a P1 untill you can afford a blower with a better step up ratio to complement that compression.

Compression will help with mid range. Also I already stated that once I go D1 that I would spin it just ender its max. It makes no sense to upgrade and stay with the same pulley when i already have a built motor. D1s dont make great boost when you do like everyone else and put them on a stock motor and only run 10lbs and detune them to 450rwhp to be safe.

02blownGT

Established Member
Compression will help with mid range. Also I already stated that once I go D1 that I would spin it just ender its max. It makes no sense to upgrade and stay with the same pulley when i already have a built motor. D1s dont make great boost when you do like everyone else and put them on a stock motor and only run 10lbs and detune them to 450rwhp to be safe.

I have never run any procharger on a stock bottom end including a P1.So all my experience is with a built motor.Also are you sure you can spin a D1 near max with 10:1 comp and pump gas?If you can the D1 would work great for you.But my understanding(as well as experience with several mod motors) is you are limited on the amount of boost you can run with that kind of compression on pump even with the addition of meth.

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
I have never run any procharger on a stock bottom end including a P1.So all my experience is with a built motor.Also are you sure you can spin a D1 near max with 10:1 comp and pump gas?If you can the D1 would work great for you.But my understanding(as well as experience with several mod motors) is you are limited on the amount of boost you can run with that kind of compression on pump even with the addition of meth.

Fuel selection isnt really my worry, I have a decent supply of race gas around but practically no e85. And I put very few miles on it, maybe 1500 a year at max. I will spin it to the max allowed with 93 and meth within the limits of knock and blowout and if needed just do a race gas tune. Also still have the stock teksid block I could rebuild to 9.5:1 and sell the aluminator to cancel the cost, just still no desire for the extra work for an f1.

02blownGT

Established Member
Fuel selection isnt really my worry, I have a decent supply of race gas around but practically no e85. And I put very few miles on it, maybe 1500 a year at max. I will spin it to the max allowed with 93 and meth within the limits of knock and blowout and if needed just do a race gas tune. Also still have the stock teksid block I could rebuild to 9.5:1 and sell the aluminator to cancel the cost, just still no desire for the extra work for an f1.

Sounds like a fun setup with the right gears,I would stick with the 10:1 if i was you i like the low mid that the extra compression gives you with these centris.Just FYI i believe the F1 can bolt straight to the same bracket as the P1.you would just need to run it open or with a turbonetics screen filter.
Goodluck on your build :beer:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Sounds like a fun setup with the right gears,I would stick with the 10:1 if i was you i like the low mid that the extra compression gives you with these centris.Just FYI i believe the F1 can bolt straight to the same bracket as the P1.you would just need to run it open or with a turbonetics screen filter.

There's issues with the bracket flexing with an F1A bolted to it and causing belt slip. So it's not really a bolt on a go.

I never had an issue with my D1. It was a good blower. I started seeing boost around 3000, but around 4000 it really picked up. That was with a 3.9" blower pulley and overdrive crank pulley. There was a noticable difference with the 3.4" pulley on there. I'm still running stock gears too.

AluminatorSnake

Established Member

Like Slow said there is lots of flex problems with the stock bracket and an F1. The only way to see the true potential of that blower is to have a dedicated bracket to eliminate flex. Thanks:beer:

slvr35th

Established Member
I think the flex problem is all false! My2003mach1 a member on here is running an f1 on an 8 rib system making 820+!!! Do a d1 and you will love it!!

Users who are viewing this thread