P1SC to D1SC guys chime in.

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
For those of you that had a P1sc and upgraded to a D1sc. Was it worth it? How much power did you gain?

I know a rebuilt upgraded kit is the same stuff as a new manufactured one, but do you think it performed as well as a new unit.

The reason Im asking is when I had my car at Fastlane getting tuned I talked to Caleb about upgrading eventually. He told me from his experience that it seemed like to him the upgraded D1sc never seemed to perform quite as well as an orginal manufactured D1sc. I dont know how that would be the case since they are the same either way. But does anyone feel the same way that Caleb does about it?

Last edited:

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
The only difference between the P1 and D1 is the impeller. So an upgraded version should perform the same as an original.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
Thats what i thought Slo, but I was just passing along what Caleb said. I didnt feel like it would really be true, but I was giving the benefit of a doubt since he tunes cars for a living all day.

slowassgt

Established Member
I think the step up ratio is different. A p1sc2 is p1 step up ratio with d1 impeller so you keep the low end that the p1 has and more top end charger like d1 has. That what the run in real street class for nmra

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I think the step up ratio is different. A p1sc2 is p1 step up ratio with d1 impeller so you keep the low end that the p1 has and more top end charger like d1 has. That what the run in real street class for nmra

Negative. They all have the 4.10 step up. The F1 series has the different step up ratio. The difference between the P1 stage 1 and stage 2 is the impeller design.

AluminatorSnake

Established Member

Negative. They all have the 4.10 step up. The F1 series has the different step up ratio. The difference between the P1 stage 1 and stage 2 is the impeller design.

Im with slo, thats not correct. I knew what was included in the upgrade and what was done with them but I was just curious as to why Caleb would say that. It didnt make sense to me, seeing that its basically the same steps as a reseal/rebuild but it just comes back with a different impeller.

thebestdj07

Established Member
on my gt i ran the p1sc on my cobra i got the p1sc2.

gt pulley 3.6 9.6lbs
cobra pulley 4.0 9.2lbs.

the p1sc2 feels like it builds quicker and really pulls up top. cant wait to pulley it down seeing as im not even at half its capacity yet

ncpower08

Established Member
I have a P1SC with 15lbs of boost making 575RWHP. I swapped the pulley and have some supporting mods as well. There is no reason in my opinion to go with the D1SC. FASTLANE has done all my work and my build is on there sight if you want to check it out.

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
I have a P1SC with 15lbs of boost making 575RWHP. I swapped the pulley and have some supporting mods as well. There is no reason in my opinion to go with the D1SC. FASTLANE has done all my work and my build is on there sight if you want to check it out.

You also have custom cams and ported heads. And im also going to guess to make 15psi on your motor, you are spinning your blower close to max or over the 62,000 max impeller rpm? Im just imagining that your combo is at its max potential without the addition of nitrous/meth/more aggressive motor mods? So how can you really say there is no reason to go to a D1 when it flows more cfms? Just curious as to why you feel that way.

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member

Also not correct. The stage 2 and p1-sc2 are two different things altogether. P1-sc1 and p1-sc2 have the same step up, but slightly different impeller designs. The stage 2 is the kit itself, has a bigger intercooler and usually a higher performance air inlet system...
The d1-sc Has yet a more aggressive impeller design, which has a curved design to speed up air flow as it leaves the impeller. The d1-sc has a more aggressive power curve usually netting more mid range and top end power.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Also not correct. The stage 2 and p1-sc2 are two different things altogether. P1-sc1 and p1-sc2 have the same step up, but slightly different impeller designs. The stage 2 is the kit itself, has a bigger intercooler and usually a higher performance air inlet system...
The d1-sc Has yet a more aggressive impeller design, which has a curved design to speed up air flow as it leaves the impeller. The d1-sc has a more aggressive power curve usually netting more mid range and top end power.

I know there are different kits available. I was just on Procharger's site. The stage 1 used to also have a different impeller that limited boost output. I know this because I know a couple guys that picked up a stage 1 and couldn't get a whole lot of boost out of them. And I know about the D1. I ran one on my car from 2007-2011. I'd still have it if the output shaft bearing didn't eat itself.

http://www.procharger.com/models.shtml

Last edited:

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
I think that you might be confused by the terminology, P1-SC1 is not a "stage 1" it is the first in a series of self contained blowers of a certain size/specific output. The P1-SC 2 would be a slightly more aggressive version that utilizes a new impeller design to build peak boost more quickly. The D1-SC is more aggressive yet. The "stage 1" or H.O. kit, uses a smaller 2 core intercooler and a less efficient air intake. The stage II kit uses a three core intercooler, different pipe routing, a larger and More efficient intake, and often a dedicated blower drive. I know all of this because I was at procharger (accessible technologies) today and compared the different impellers, intercoolers, etc.. Op the gains from the D1 are more than peak boost and are worth it.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Edit: Nevermind. I know nothing about the blower brand I ran for a few years and am looking to run again.

OP: If it was me I would upgrade to the D1. You'll be happy.

Last edited:

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
What are the different pipe routes your referring to? IIRC in both instructions booklets that I've had (one for 99-00 and the other for 01-04 mustangs) show the exact same piping for the 2 core vs 3 core except 1 extra straight pipe into the intercooler on the drivers side to make up for the less wide 2 core cooler.

From all the research I've done and seeing different setups P1SC vs D1SC they appear to gain a few psi with the same size pulley.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
What are the different pipe routes your referring to? IIRC in both instructions booklets that I've had (one for 99-00 and the other for 01-04 mustangs) show the exact same piping for the 2 core vs 3 core except 1 extra straight pipe into the intercooler on the drivers side to make up for the less wide 2 core cooler.

From all the research I've done and seeing different setups P1SC vs D1SC they appear to gain a few psi with the same size pulley.

There is no difference in piping between the kits for our years. And the only dedicated drive is made by House of Boost. Which is $$$$.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

ncpower08

Established Member
Are you on stock internals? If not just skip the D1 and go for the F1. Yes to your post that is all true. I just don't see spending the money for the small gain in power. If I am going to dish out that kind of cash I would want more power than the D1 can give me. That is just me tho. I am planing on upgrading as well but to a F1.

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
OP: If it was me I would upgrade to the D1. You'll be happy.

Im going to do it either way I was just curious as to why Caleb would have said that he felt the performance wasnt there when you upgraded from a p1 to d1 vs a direct right off the line manufactured D1. They are the same thing so it just had me puzzled.

Are you on stock internals? If not just skip the D1 and go for the F1. Yes to your post that is all true. I just don't see spending the money for the small gain in power. If I am going to dish out that kind of cash I would want more power than the D1 can give me. That is just me tho. I am planing on upgrading as well but to a F1.

No sir not on stock internals now, im using the FRPP Aluminator 4v 10.25:1 CR. My plan is to do a really nice build on my stock Teksid block, maybe pick up some cubic inches, and sell the aluminator to recoup some cash. I would love to have the F1a but I dont need it, nor do I want to spend 3k for a new head unit, then 1200 for the dedicated drive system, more money for new pipe routing, battery in the trunk head aches are all not what i have in mind. I already have the P1 and the fuel system to make 750hp, For 1400 i can get the D1 and spin it efficiently to just below max rpm and make 600. Roughly 5k in extra parts to do the D1 plus my build is not necessary to reach my goals.

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member

Nothing for power just to accommodate the bigger intercooler.

02blownGT

Established Member
I dont like the D1,A P1 making 10lbs will see boost earlier in the rpm range than a D1 making 10lbs.The D1 is only worth it if you plan on maxing it and then you should have just gone with an F1.Run more compression and stay with the P1 or get the F1.

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
I dont like the D1,A P1 making 10lbs will see boost earlier in the rpm range than a D1 making 10lbs.The D1 is only worth it if you plan on maxing it and then you should have just gone with an F1.Run more compression and stay with the P1 or get the F1.

Already at 10.25:1 compression with a P1, and already stated im not going F1.

Of course im not gonna run the same amount of boost with the D1. And it was never a debate between a D1 or F1.

Your advice is terrible too, upping compression will cost just as much as a d1 upgrade anyways, only to have less gains that the d1 would provide.

Users who are viewing this thread