Slattdaddy

Established Member
Hey everyone!

I recently bought a 07 GT500; car now has 22k miles on it. It's relatively unmolested; the previous owner put a K&N series 57 intake and a set of axle-backs on it. I don't think it's been tuned thus far (considering the series 57 is advertised as a "no tune required" unit).

A few weeks ago I was driving with zero issues, turned the car off, fired it up 10 mins later and a P1234 code popped up. There were no issues or anything out of the ordinary with FP duty cycle/fuel pressure/etc according to the data on my tuner, and there were no symptoms or issues at all as far as drivability is concerned. I cleared the CEL, turned it on 2 times so it could run its full diagnostic scan and it popped back up. It will pop up regardless of RPM, whether it's at WOT or idle.

Here is where things get weird.

I spent a few hours that night diagnosing various things with my DMM. Checked the heated seats fuse and the aux fuse box by the passenger strut tower. All fuses and relays were fine. Charging system was putting out 13.4v at idle. I checked the driver modules themselves and everything seemed to test out just fine. Tried reseting the inertia switch to no avail. Eventually I called it quits, reset the code and went to sleep.

I walked out the next morning, fired it up and there was no code! The CEL remained off for a few weeks. I put 700 miles on it afterwards with no issues. Tonight however, it popped back on. Same deal as before; no issues to speak of in drivability/functionality terms, but the light remains on.

This is leaving me scratching my head. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Sean

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Hey everyone!

I recently bought a 07 GT500; car now has 22k miles on it. It's relatively unmolested; the previous owner put a K&N series 57 intake and a set of axle-backs on it. I don't think it's been tuned thus far (considering the series 57 is advertised as a "no tune required" unit).

A few weeks ago I was driving with zero issues, turned the car off, fired it up 10 mins later and a P1234 code popped up. There were no issues or anything out of the ordinary with FP duty cycle/fuel pressure/etc according to the data on my tuner, and there were no symptoms or issues at all as far as drivability is concerned. I cleared the CEL, turned it on 2 times so it could run its full diagnostic scan and it popped back up. It will pop up regardless of RPM, whether it's at WOT or idle.

Here is where things get weird.

I spent a few hours that night diagnosing various things with my DMM. Checked the heated seats fuse and the aux fuse box by the passenger strut tower. All fuses and relays were fine. Charging system was putting out 13.4v at idle. I checked the driver modules themselves and everything seemed to test out just fine. Tried reseting the inertia switch to no avail. Eventually I called it quits, reset the code and went to sleep.

I walked out the next morning, fired it up and there was no code! The CEL remained off for a few weeks. I put 700 miles on it afterwards with no issues. Tonight however, it popped back on. Same deal as before; no issues to speak of in drivability/functionality terms, but the light remains on.

This is leaving me scratching my head. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Sean
Fuse #66 in the main junction box is blown.

It's shown as "seat heater" in your manual.

Obviously there are none in your car.

Ford engineers got sneaky.

Let me know if this works.

Bj

Sent from my SM-N950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Slattdaddy

Established Member
Performed a KOEO test on it according to alldata. Turns out the module in question is the passenger side one. Going to chronicle my adventures on this to see what I find and if I fix it, hopefully save some headaches for those looking to fix this issue in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Slattdaddy

Established Member
Decided to take the hit to my bank account and replaced the passenger FPDM. Still no cigar.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread