P0190, but sensor and car seem fine

zonk22

Established Member
I popped this code several times this weekend. While the light was on the car doesn't want to start as easily. After the car is started it seems to run fine. I checked for fuel in the vacuum line and found nothing. I cleared the code and it would stay off. After more driving (with some hard pulls) everything seemed fine. The light was still off and the car was running good. Once I stopped and turned the car off, the light would appear when I restarted it.

gt347mustang

Established Member
well its throwing a code for either too much or to little fuel pressure. i would suggest starting by checking your pressure. do you have a preadator or any scanning tool that you can see live data tables? you can even borrow somebody elses predator to run a scan with.

gt347mustang

Established Member
I have an xcal 2, but don't know how to use it that way.

you may have to use a serial cable and a laptop. i know its very easy with a predator. i personally have a predator just for logging my car(its married to an other car, but i dont use it to tune)

you could always go to a parts store and rent a fuel pressure gauge and see if the car is close to 40psi. the problem is you are reading actual pressure and not delta pressure (difference between rail pressure and intake manifold pressure).

find a way to get fuel pressure and report back your findings and we can go from there. there is no way anybody can really diagnose your car from behind a computer without more knowledge of the situation.

zonk22

Established Member
i replaced it this morning, to be safe. It seemed fine. In the past I could blow right thru the bad ones. I do have the KB disk, so I guess it has save this one from rupturing.

01trublue cobra

Established Member
anyone else ever had one pop a code and not be ruptured?

I am having the exact same problem to, exactly and i put a kennebell disc on back in November. Car runs fine, but the code comes on when I hammer it. I just ordered a new FRPS from tousley, I hope it solves the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread