P0174/P0171 Error Code Help

SVT-FI$H2088

Fi$hmeister
Established Member
that link shows hole in elbow..that big of a leak you would know it..instant

here is a link showing all the vac hoses in nice color pics

https://workspaces.acrobat.com/?d=iwu5rkx3eBNCosqpXLQrWQ

i had chased this code..mine was the hose going to lower intake..

it had hardened..it wouldnt pull off nipple but hose would spin on nipple..

i had used a hose clamp and code has never came back...

as you see this is an old thread..im still pushing ours..just turned 350k

i have posted in many other threads on these codes test from the service manual..

Thanks for looking out:rockon:

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
ive been fighting this problem for about a month now... used carb cleaner on everything checking for leaks, no luck. the hose under blower was literally in pieces so i changed that and used clamps on both ends. search continues... fml.

hotcobra03

Established Member
ive been fighting this problem for about a month now... used carb cleaner on everything checking for leaks, no luck. the hose under blower was literally in pieces so i changed that and used clamps on both ends. search continues... fml.

Pcv is an area...

Maf? Air inlet...

Are you getting any other codes?

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
Pcv is an area...

Maf? Air inlet...

Are you getting any other codes?

No, just 171 and 174. Twice..

So, the story goes.... I bought the car had 21k miles. Bone stock down to the stock Goodyear eagles and still had the snorkel on the air cleaner. This is my 2nd cobra. Drove the car stock minus borla exhaust and dfx clutch at 88k miles. Right around 90-91k miles driving to work 1 morning, cell light comes on. Never done that in its life. Drove home after work, scanned code, 171 and 174. Well.. I erased it.. came back on the next day. By then I bought a stage 3 steggy with 2.76, 60lbs, and ba2600 with SCT tuner. Figure it had to be a vacuum leak and I'll check everything when I swap blower.
Got it apart, found the hose from lower intake to pcv system had cracked open and in pieces. I thought "great, found the problem".
Changed out hoses, swapped blower/injectors. Started up great first time. No fuel leaks, no nothing. Next day, I cleared codes, drove about 1 hour, cell light back on. Same ****in171/174. Got home, sprayed with carb cleaner, can't find leaks anywhere. Heard rumors of the pcv tube on rear of blower, so today I took off, cleaned, installed clamps everywhere, and nothing. Driving home few mins ago, felt dead cylinder, then it died, then came alive, then died, hiccup, alive.... its all over the place. I'm about done with this dam car. Any help before I go buy a Honda?? :/

hotcobra03

Established Member
No, just 171 and 174. Twice..

So, the story goes.... I bought the car had 21k miles. Bone stock down to the stock Goodyear eagles and still had the snorkel on the air cleaner. This is my 2nd cobra. Drove the car stock minus borla exhaust and dfx clutch at 88k miles. Right around 90-91k miles driving to work 1 morning, cell light comes on. Never done that in its life. Drove home after work, scanned code, 171 and 174. Well.. I erased it.. came back on the next day. By then I bought a stage 3 steggy with 2.76, 60lbs, and ba2600 with SCT tuner. Figure it had to be a vacuum leak and I'll check everything when I swap blower.
Got it apart, found the hose from lower intake to pcv system had cracked open and in pieces. I thought "great, found the problem".
Changed out hoses, swapped blower/injectors. Started up great first time. No fuel leaks, no nothing. Next day, I cleared codes, drove about 1 hour, cell light back on. Same ****in171/174. Got home, sprayed with carb cleaner, can't find leaks anywhere. Heard rumors of the pcv tube on rear of blower, so today I took off, cleaned, installed clamps everywhere, and nothing. Driving home few mins ago, felt dead cylinder, then it died, then came alive, then died, hiccup, alive.... its all over the place. I'm about done with this dam car. Any help before I go buy a Honda?? :/

After reading that...compression test time...

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
After reading that...compression test time...

update: after staring at the motor run in driveway, something didnt exactly sound right. found that little black vacuum canister thing, about the size of a medicine bottle was actually broke in pieces. so i just took it off, and plugged the line. car is back to normal...ish still have the codes.. :shrug:

Kenny

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
Do you have a pic of the canister that broke?

My car is parked for the winter. I will trying to track this issue down as soon as it warms up.

gmtech

Grease Monkey
Established Member
Had same issue this week. Car started idling funny/rough, P0174 stored in PCM. Sprayed carb clean around PCV hose area, car stumbled. Removed intake/blower as one piece and found the hose going to the lower intake was cracked.

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
Had same issue this week. Car started idling funny/rough, P0174 stored in PCM. Sprayed carb clean around PCV hose area, car stumbled. Removed intake/blower as one piece and found the hose going to the lower intake was cracked.

I am about to tackle this issue shortly. Now that its starting to warm up, I need to get it running!

Any pics of your issue?

Users who are viewing this thread