Oxygen Injection

insane99svt

Established Member
Well nitrous carry's oxygen so why do you need pure oxygen? Plus it would be like carrying a bomb around in the trunk oxygen bottle are at 4k 6k psi.

Marcello96

Shadetree Engineer
Established Member
i dont really kno a lot about it, i just heard that this kid has it on his mustang. Im thinking it works just like nitrous, but mabey better since its just pure oxygen.

Last edited:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
Marcello96 said:
i dont really kno a lot about it, i just heard that this kid has it on his mustang. Im thinking it works just like nitrous, but mabey better since its just pure oxygen.
somebody lied to you.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i hope your not referring to like a scuba tank or something, when they are filled they are %70 nitrogen/%30 oxygen.

RalphBentRio

RAWK star
Established Member
That's the whole idea behind nitrous... The nitrogen is simply there to stabilize the oxygen until it gets under compression. Otherwise you have a bomb.

Please, stay away from whatever retards you've been talking to and for god's sake, if you believed it, don't touch a wrench.

Marcello96

Shadetree Engineer
Established Member
well i saw it and the kid said thats what it was and was completely serious, so i did believe it, but i think it was set up like a dry kit i guess, it was basically a tube running from the bottle to the intake, with a solenoid in the middle to open it and close it, i dont think it was highly compressed, but then again i didnt as him.

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Established Member
n2o releases its oxygen at appx 650 degrees....this gives time for proper combustion at the correct crank angle.....straight oxygen would be powerful but nearly uncontrolable on top of your aluminum piston.......think cutting torch.

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
Think about this. If you inject pure oxygen (post MAF most likely if you want to run it like nitrous) you would lean your motor out and burn your pistons. The kid lied to you and you need to do some research.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
I heard a kid was running tomato juice; it was a direct port.

Anyone else try this?:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread