Owning multiple cars/toys

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
we went from 5 cars to 4 but that is probably as low as it is going to go for awhile at least. got too much money in the 95 cobra to sell it, too much fun in the 04 so it isn't going anywhere, GFs VW will get traded in on a truck eventually and the 15 Escape is the DD. all of it paid off. Have been thinking about picking up a 67 mustang to fool around with but will likely just get one already restored since a nice on can be had for less than it would cost to do the job right.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I will say that for the average person, there is such a thing as too many cars. My parents are very well off, not rich millionaires, but upper middle class. Nearly done paying off their house, a few acres of property, make well above 100k a year.

My dad sold very few cars. Now he has a 65 F100, 67 GT500, 73 camper special, 75 mustang Grande, 1980 mustang drag car, 1985 mustang shell, 1992 mustang American Iron race car, 1999 V10 F250, 2001 7.3 F350, 2003 Cobra, and a 2013 mustang california special. The first 4 don't run, but the GT500 is very close to being done.

I think I got them all, lol. He had plans for all of them, but when my brother and I were very young, he couldn't find the time to keep up with the projects. We had made great progress recently to get some projects finished, but life got in the way again.

To get to a point here without telling our life story, I think as long as there is no more than 1 project at a time, and you can keep up with maintenance on the others it doesn't matter how many you have as long as you have the space for them and the finances to do it. Letting yourself start more projects without finishing the others will quickly get you into a position where you feel like you can't keep up.

nxhappy

Established Member
we have 4 cars with no kids, I think that's plenty....but if I had a bigger garage and more money I would have more LOL

cj428mach

Established Member
I have 3 play cars and at times its almost too much, I compare them to having kids as they're always needing something and cost a ton of $$$.

I enjoy the Cobra the most but it is the most expensive when it comes to modding it. Also with its power level its hard on tires, drivetrain parts, etc.

I have a 37 Ford Coupe Street Rod and while its a nice car there is so much more I want to do to it and none of it is cheap or easy. Its my very first car though so it'll be with me forever.

My 69 Mach 1 was my high school car and put together on high schooler's budget with some help from my old man. Its currently under going a ton of upgrades to make it closer to where I want to be, and with all the memories tied up in it I can't ever see myself parting with it either.

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
I've had multiple adult toys at one time and I admit it can be too much at times. Having a car and a bike at the same time made me feel as though I was neglecting one or the other.

The Cobra is perfect because I can wrench on it with my boys, but with a bike it's more of a selfish toy IMO. I couldn't ride it with one of my sons on the back plus track days are damn expensive.

When my sons are a little older I will grab another bike but this time a Ducati because why the hell not.

In the mean time my 4Runner and Cobra are perfect for the time being.

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
We have four cars wife's 12 Escape, my 08 Fusion. Then I have my 92GT which is the first car I ever bought which was in 03. A lot of sentimental value to me. My 04 Cobra which was my dream car in late H.S. and early college. Hope I never have to part with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
You only live once and with camera technology being what it is you can record all your experiences to share on here
F the cars. Buy an 03 civic powered by vtec and go all out on hookers and blow.

This man speaks the truth. You can get a hell of a weekend from that sale.

You won't remember much but god damn.

MG0h3

Established Member
Ive found that I typically only use one of my hot cars regularly. Not including my beater focus or truck provided by employer.

Got a 73 CJ5 @495hp that all my friends cant believe I dont cruise around in. Havent started it in a year. I just prefer the Cobra and get a bigger kick out of it. Guess I should dust it off and take it to the store one of these days though.

Biff-Mach1

Established Member
Have a 03 cobra, 03 mach 1, 00 7.3 350 and a dirt bike. Once im done with the cobra build then the mach is next. In between that im planning on buying a banchee and R6. My garage and driveway isn't full so ill keep buying projects and toys. It keeps me busy and I would rather spend money on them. Plus I make good money to support it.
I say just get what you love and if you happen to love more then 1 toy then go for it!

CV355

_
Established Member
What are you selling? lol

Right now I've got an AR30A1 for sale- 3 rounds through it, cleaned, stored.

It's strange how we get this feeling of anticipation when we buy something- "oh man, life is going to be so much better when I get ______." Then, you get it, it sits somewhere, and we're on Google looking for the next thing to save up for.

It's almost like there are subliminal messages everywhere and you'd need some kind of crazy glasses to see them. That'd make a good movie.

Users who are viewing this thread