Owner dynos his Demon with the pcm

blk02edge

Established Member
Put the Viper on the drag strip and the Demon will gap it by bus lengths.

We can do this all day. :)
Thats great and all but where did I say the viper is superior to the Demon on a drag strip? While you are searching for answers maybe you can also dig up where I took away from what the Demon excels at?

GotGrunt

Established Member
I dont think you understand the point. If one wanted to take a Demon to the road course (why?) Would you run it with the drag radials? No... Lets say you did run it with the drag radials because it brakes super duper good. Well, a 4500lb 840hp car is going to last half a lap with those brakes so this is life. Demon does NOT out brake a viper

No, I didn’t misunderstand... we’re talking about on the street. Demon outbrakes the Viper. It’s in black and white.

blk02edge

Established Member
No, I didn’t misunderstand... we’re talking about on the street. Demon outbrakes the Viper. It’s in black and white.
You should go back and read what brought up the braking comment. To say the "Demon out brakes the viper" because it stops faster with drag radials on the street is beyond crazy. Far from a black and white comment... Too many magazine racers here.

-snake-.... My god man... You said the Demon out brakes the viper, all I said was, no, it doesn't, theres literally no back and forth or other point to be made lol.

Demon- one trick pony
Viper ACR- one trick pony
GT350R- one trick pony.
Thats the way it is, all good in their own points.

GotGrunt

Established Member
You should go back and read what brought up the braking comment. To say the "Demon out brakes the viper" because it stops faster with drag radials on the street is beyond crazy. Far from a black and white comment... Too many magazine racers here.

Hey, this is SVTP after all, gotta stir the pot :D

blk02edge

Established Member
How so?

(I agree with your post, btw)
It was brought up that the Demon could do fine on a road course and even out brakes the viper. I dont see a point in comparing braking on the street, any new car brakes fine on the street.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
So now we have to take the factory tires off and replace them with inferior parts? It actually does in fact out brake a viper in factory stock trim. As they say... if my grandmother had wheels, she’d be a bicycle.

If your grandmother had a penis she'd by your grandfather....

I dont think you understand the point. If one wanted to take a Demon to the road course (why?) Would you run it with the drag radials? No... Lets say you did run it with the drag radials because it brakes super duper good. Well, a 4500lb 840hp car is going to last half a lap with those brakes so this is life. Demon does NOT out brake a viper

Many, many years ago. MM&FF did a shootout for dragracing, autocross, and roadcourse. The car that won the shootout was an SVO with 555r's on all four corners.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Man. You have some high standards for a sub 100k Dodge.

Give me a list of mass produced road legal cars that can run mid 9’s @ 140+ in 1500ft Da. **** a $100k, at ANY price point.

Then compare that list of cars to a Dodge ****ing Challenger and tell me how Dodge should have done better.

You're right I do have high standards. I said if the car actually did 140+ then I would consider it worth the $90k. As it's performing in the real world I don't see the value in it for me. Yeah people are going to buy it. Most will be brand loyalist Dodge nuthuggers that want to own the flagship model. Me, I look at the performance value and it's just not there. I feel the same exact way about the GT350.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I think the real question here is how many people will ever take their car to a road course and ride around in circles to see how well their car performs? how many really? 1% maybe 2%....

Vs. how many people will take their car on the street to see how it performs? maybe 98% or 99%....

so how a car brakes or performs at the track mean dick!

ALL of the new cars bought today are bought to drive on public streets so road course track times mean nothing.

Anyone taking their car out on the hi way is looking for other cars to match up against in a straight line so ppl can hate on the Demon all they want but when it waxes ur ass I highly doubt ur gonna go home and search the internet to see how u can make ur car HANDLE better.

U will be searching how to make ur car faster in a straight line period!

blk02edge

Established Member
I think the real question here is how many people will ever take their car to a road course and ride around in circles to see how well their car performs? how many really? 1% maybe 2%....

Vs. how many people will take their car on the street to see how it performs? maybe 98% or 99%....

so how a car brakes or performs at the track mean dick!

ALL of the new cars bought today are bought to drive on public streets so road course track times mean nothing.

Anyone taking their car out on the hi way is looking for other cars to match up against in a straight line so ppl can hate on the Demon all they want but when it waxes ur ass I highly doubt ur gonna go home and search the internet to see how u can make ur car HANDLE better.

U will be searching how to make ur car faster in a straight line period!
You way underestimate how many people track cars.. Just becuase a ton of posers cruise on the street testing their brakes dont mean dick

Users who are viewing this thread