Overnight deep sea fishing?

LadyJame

Proud wife of a NAVY Vet!
Established Member
Bay fishing Sat. Sept 27 @ 10am

Years ago I used to go deep sea fishing for blues throughout the summers. I've been wanting to go again because it was so much fun. Paul has never gone on a deep sea fishing trip and I'd love to take him. I only ever went deep sea during the day once before and I prefer the overnight trips. I've tried the party boats and they were terrible: rats' nests galore and I even had a lady throw up all over my feet while she was running to the bathroom (yeah, that's right...running to the bathroom to throw up on a boat:??:). She did hang in there though and fished the whole night through, in between heaving her guts out.:xpl:

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in getting a trip together. I don't care what we fish for, just as long as we're the only ones on the boat. My group always fished for blues because there never really was a limit and we were pretty much guaranteed a catch every trip. I think tuna has a limit of 1 and there's no guarantees with shark fishing. I don't have my own fishing rod so it was always convenient to charter a boat that came stocked with equipment, bait, chum and mates to help out.

If anyone's interested, I think we should try to get a trip together in September sometime. Any takers?

Last edited:

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
I have a buddy who does day trips in the Bay for rockfish in the am and blues in the pm. No overnight trips!

I'd love to fish with Sausage Soprano!

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Ask Paul about the message he left me! Sausage Soprano!

I thought it sounding like it would be fun, until you started in talking about fishing for sausage....don't ask don't tell eh:dancenana::dancenana:

The only thing I ever catch when I go fishing is ONE HELL OF A BUZZ:banana::banana:

Ken

:beer::beer:

LadyJame

Established Member
Does your friend's boat come with rods and reels? How many can he accommodate? What time does the pm blues trip leave? How long is the trip?

And, no Ken, I never ask............especially when zaxjax is involved.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

I would be up for it. I love fishing and really miss the south florida ocean and women for that matter.

not really into blue fish though and would like something other than rock fish.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Depending on where and when I would be down for this. Used to go on a ton of party boats but mostly off the Jersey Shore.

LadyJame

Established Member
I would be up for it. I love fishing and really miss the south florida ocean and women for that matter.

not really into blue fish though and would like something other than rock fish.

We could do tuna or marlin. Even though the tuna limit is 1 (I think), they say just reeling that one in is truly exhausting. If shark was guaranteed, I'd say lets go, but it's awfully expensive to risk not catching any. I'll fish for anything, just not dolphin.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
I have a customer who owns a charter out of OC and the minimum is 1200.00 just for fuel. His tuna trips are anywhere from 2200-2800 depending on how far out you go. This does include tip or taking care the mate.

Bay trips are around 500 and include rods. Rockfish limit is two per person plus the captain and once the limit is reached it's bluefish time.

TRBO VNM

yeah, it is getting expensive. i had a buddy who just came back from the outerbanks and they paid 1800 for a full day included tip and everything. they did get a grand slam (sail, white and blue marlin) and a bunch of dolphin and a huge tuna.

Jamie, why not dolphin? they are a great fight and taste awesome. I hope you know they are not the porpous. you have the porpous and mahi mahi, both called dolphin.

http://www.catch-em-all.com/gallery.php?id=5

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Bay trips are around 500 and include rods. Rockfish limit is two per person plus the captain and once the limit is reached it's bluefish time.

We have a boat that can accomodate about 4-5 people all fishing. My dad mostly fishes for rockfish or hardhead (croaker), but he has a 'commercial' fishing license, so we can keep as many rockfish as we want. Everything is included haha, just chip in some money for gas.

But if you guys are interested in an overnight trip on the bay or offshore, I'm down. The girlfriend will stay on land since she hurled big time when we went ocean fishing in Key West.

webleedorange61

GO HORNS!!
Established Member
i love salt water fishing! i dont do it much cause i live in the north but ive caught my sare of salt fish. My best fish was a 100+ pound sailfish, not to big but there pretty rare. We actully caught 5 in one day!

TRBO VNM

i love salt water fishing! i dont do it much cause i live in the north but ive caught my sare of salt fish. My best fish was a 100+ pound sailfish, not to big but there pretty rare. We actully caught 5 in one day!

depending on where you fished, 100+ sail is pretty big. I caught a couple on the southeast coast of Florida (West Palm and Jupiter) and they were in the 65-75# range and pretty damn big themselves. Sails usually look bigger than they really are.

LadyJame

Established Member
Jamie, why not dolphin? they are a great fight and taste awesome. I hope you know they are not the porpous. you have the porpous and mahi mahi, both called dolphin.

http://www.catch-em-all.com/gallery.php?id=5

My mistake, I actually thought they meant porpoises. Well then I'd be in for dolphin, too.

Looks like we're going to have more than 6 people so we have to find a charter to accommodate larger parties. I have a big test tomorrow that I'm studying for now, but after it's finished I'll check out some of the charter websites. I was hoping someone would know of a charter that can handle more than 6 of us.

I will let you know what I come up with tomorrow. For now I'm :read:.

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
There are plenty charters that will take more than six, but probably not on an overnight trip...

wheelhopper

Established Member
Just looked at this thread. I would be down. Tuna, dolphin, shark.....lets go for something that puts up a good fight. I am so tired of catching rock. There may be no garauntees, but we would have great company and good beer drinking.

Lets invite my GF mother. Not sure if she can swim.

Users who are viewing this thread