Over heating or normal?

FiveSlow

Established Member
Been trying to figure out how to get all the air pockets out of the system since my blower install. Had a few leaks I fixed and I think it caused air to get in. Last log I did before I found the leak said 218 max temp. Car has a 160 in it and leaks are fixed. Driving around fully heatsoaked in traffic it stays around 200-210 from the areoforce. One side of rad is cold the other is warm. But I can hold my hand on it. My gto with a 160 in it the temp gauge never got close to the halfway mark. Ideas?:read:

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
These newer cars from the factory run hotter then what the older cars used to for emissions reason

A T-stat and a few changes in the tune should be able to bring that down for you.

FiveSlow

Established Member
The car currently has a 160 in it that's why I was worried the coolant wasn't circulating properly.

FiveSlow

Established Member
Cruising even with the heat full blast it didn't drop below 203 today. I thought that was odd along with how much colder the drivers side of the rad was. It felt so much colder by hand that it just didn't make sense in accordance to what my areoforce was saying. It's bugging me lol

jason2833

Established Member
Mine gets to 225 lol shaun wasn't worried about it. But it drops down soon as I start going in between 203 210. I think these newer cars like heat because when I dynoed it liked the 3rd consecutive pull when it was fully hott.

by9468840

Established Member
I hardly ever see 200 even with a tvs on. I use motul 300v race oil. That alone brought down the temps by almost 5

Users who are viewing this thread