over axle pipes

jakhammer

Established Member
Are there any aftermarket 3" over axle pipes on the market? I want to run full 3". I'm leaning towards the MBRP headers and o/r h pipe but I don't want their axle back. So I'm looking for 3" over axle pipes to run to another axle back. Any suggestions? Car will be NA for a while.

86Fbody

Established Member
I don't think anyone's OAP's are 3 inches. All I can find are 2 and 3/4. Probably would have to have them custom made.

2013paxtonbeast

Established Member
The reason is because nearly every reputable shop has proven that the 2 3/4 is all that needed and that there is actually power loss seen with 3" OAPs.

twistedneck

Established Member
3" inch would be nice, I have 2.75" lethal pipes and they are very nice but to get a resonator you have to have it custom sized.

even if you have a turbo and big power the 2.75" wont be a restriction vs. 3" - its the mufflers and resonators that you need to make sure are free flowing. i.e. don't use stock GT parts.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Magnaflow has a catback with 3" OTA pipes. But like twistedneck said the lethal performance ones are nice. They are a 2 piece OTA pipe that can be adjusted for more room for the lowered guys

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Be careful with your choice on which pipes you go with…If you ever have plans on lowering, the decision you make now could help or hurt you. I have heard a lot of nightmares about pipe contact after lowering. I really like Lethal's OAP's. Research them and research guys that have them with "X" spring installed….if lowering is ever in the cards.

Last edited:

jakhammer

Established Member
I'm gonna be doing BMR springs in a bit. If 2 3/4" I'd good then I'm good with them. Will have to reduce down off the mbrp h pipe but that's not hard. Then I can run the axle back I want.

Last edited:

5.0_SD

Established Member
Ok, so Borla, Lethal, and JPC make just an over axle...is Lethal's the only one that has been "revised" for lowered cars?
I'm wanting to do something like this. I have ARH LT's with ORX...was going to get the Borla S mufflers...I would like the Borla over axles as well but I'm worried about the pipes hitting once the car is lowered...anyone have this configuration? (ARH LT's, ARH ORX, Borla over axle, Borla S)

Last edited:

87hatchy

Established Member
Be careful with your choice on which pipes you go with…If you ever have plans on lowering, the decision you make now could help or hurt you. I have heard a lot of nightmares about pipe contact after lowering. I really like Lethal's OAP's. Research them and research guys that have them with "X" spring installed….if lowering is ever in the cards.

Lethal has "revised" over axle pipes now specifically made for lowered cars. Haven't really read much about them though. I'm assuming they work good. It would be pretty embarrassing for them to release revised pipes specifically for lowered cars and people still have issues lol

CSG

Established Member
Magnaflow has the comp 3". I ran this with a lowered suspension with no issues (when properly installed). It is for sale now as it is too loud for me without the turbos on.

ExTurbo

Established Member
how much of a difference would OAP's make realistically? is it just for weight savings? I really didn't think I was leaving much on the table with the stock pipes at what 2 1/2"?

Benchracer

Established Member
JPC's OAP's are revised for lowered cars. My car is slammed to the ground and I have np issues with them. Made 1066rwhp through them too.

Users who are viewing this thread