Over axle pipes?

Eric@jpc

Established Member
I'm not sure why JPC posted in this thread as their pipes WILL NOT work with the magnaflow system, it is a slip fit system and is 3 inch.

OP take the car to your local exhaust shop and they will straighten you out.

sorry we dont usually sell magnaflow

I dont believe we have ever had one come through the shop My apologizes

poof100

Established Member
sorry we dont usually sell magnaflow

I dont believe we have ever had one come through the shop My apologizes

Just so I'm clear, are you saying your Over Axle pipes won't fit any Magnaflow Axle back system?

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
I know that It won't work with the catback... I'm going to try some redneck shit within the next couple of days, if that doesn't work then I'll be getting the OAP's and some quiet ass axle backs. The 1.875" LTs o/r x and 3" comp catback is getting a little obnoxious

poof100

Established Member
These Over axle pipes will fit any Axle back that hooks to the stock over axles

Will not fit cat back systems

Thanks Eric, that's what I was assuming, but wanted to confirm. My understanding is that systems like the Magnaflow Catback system, include both the axle back mufflers and basically a new set of "over axle pipes". I'm not sure why someone would buy a Cat back and buy a set of Over axle pipes. :shrug:

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
Thanks Eric, that's what I was assuming, but wanted to confirm. My understanding is that systems like the Magnaflow Catback system, include both the axle back mufflers and basically a new set of "over axle pipes". I'm not sure why someone would buy a Cat back and buy a set of Over axle pipes. :shrug:

Bought the catback when I had the prokit springs, now on sport lines they hit the axle. Only reason I wanna switch

burke985

Established Member
This thread is kinda aggravating me , I just bought a set of these last week and it didn't say revised on the website and the guy I spoke with on the phone told me they were not being revised and they were as revised as they were going to get and now you post this ....I put them on and really the only thing that im having an issue with is the breather cap on the axel hits the pipes on certain bumps. Ill make it work im not trying to send them back I just wish your sales people on the phone knew what the hell they were talking about I would have waited to get these. And one more thing the male ends of the over axel pipes was a little bigger than the stock ends and mating with the jba axelbacks was not real good.

20130526_205326_zps484083bd.jpg

Last edited:

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
Whenever I'm doing exhaust work, I always use a lift that you have to drive on as opposed to one that lifts the car by the jacking points. Pipes that look nice and tucked away with the wheels hanging may look considerably different when the axle is pushed back up. My .02

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
Whenever I'm doing exhaust work, I always use a lift that you have to drive on as opposed to one that lifts the car by the jacking points. Pipes that look nice and tucked away with the wheels hanging may look considerably different when the axle is pushed back up. My .02

How bout when your cheap and do everything on jack stands in the driveway

GT915

Established Member
This thread is kinda aggravating me , I just bought a set of these last week and it didn't say revised on the website and the guy I spoke with on the phone told me they were not being revised and they were as revised as they were going to get and now you post this ....I put them on and really the only thing that im having an issue with is the breather cap on the axel hits the pipes on certain bumps. Ill make it work im not trying to send them back I just wish your sales people on the phone knew what the hell they were talking about I would have waited to get these. And one more thing the male ends of the over axel pipes was a little bigger than the stock ends and mating with the jba axelbacks was not real good.

20130526_205326_zps484083bd.jpg
When I first installed the pipes and mufflers, it fit good. For some reason, when I installed my xpipe, I developed the same problem as you where the axle vent was hitting. I wound up loosening all the clamps on the drivers side and dicking around with it till it was in a suitable position. I then tightened everything back down. If I were to hit a really big bump at speed, it would probably still hit but for normal use, it's fine.

Eric@jpc

Established Member

1st i just want to let you know all we did was change the Part number on the webstore to say revised. You got the last set we had instock of the 1st batch of revised pipes.

I was getting 5-10 emails a day wanting to know where these the revised units. So basically i was trying to head off all the emails by creating a new part number.

So what im saying is you have the Gen 2 pipes it was just listed on the site as regular over axles.

Hope this clears it up. The whole pre order thing is since we are making another run we just want to have a few sets spoken for thats all

Thanks guys

EDIT: Also im sorry you were having any kind of issue with the JBA axle backs. We use as close to the factory tolerances as possible. But as you know there are like 20 different companies that make axle backs. Everyone's Machining process may be a little different.

Last edited:

burke985

Established Member
1st i just want to let you know all we did was change the Part number on the webstore to say revised. You got the last set we had instock of the 1st batch of revised pipes.

I was getting 5-10 emails a day wanting to know where these the revised units. So basically i was trying to head off all the emails by creating a new part number.

So what im saying is you have the Gen 2 pipes it was just listed on the site as regular over axles.

Hope this clears it up. The whole pre order thing is since we are making another run we just want to have a few sets spoken for thats all

Thanks guys

EDIT: Also im sorry you were having any kind of issue with the JBA axle backs. We use as close to the factory tolerances as possible. But as you know there are like 20 different companies that make axle backs. Everyone's Machining process may be a little different.

Thanks for your response here. Like i said its not a big deal i really like the sound and look under the car now. I think the issue with it hitting the breather cap is with the brackets on the JBA mufflers themselves and can be solved by bending them up a little. Clearance every where else was very good and just to clarify its not slamming the breather cap just a tink so i think by adjustinng the axelbacks them selves will solve that. Not really worried about the JBA's either the clamp sealed any open spaces

Last edited:

SLOW5.OH

Established Member
I'm guessing that I got the revised units since they clear better than the oem units. I installed the JPC headers, Ford Racing x pipe, JPC over the axle pipes and the Bassani axle backs. The quality and fit of everything is amazing, couldn't be happier with everything including their tune. JPC FTW!

Users who are viewing this thread