Oven Baked Chicken..Ideas, recipies ???

SteveChris

Established Member
This is my go to when i want to lie and make someone think i can cook:

Bourbon Pecan Chicken

But make the following changes:
-Do not use butter to put the coating on, it's messy and doesn't stick well...for me at least.
Just take pecans and crush them up, i put them in a ziplock bag and either mash them with a mallet or roll a wine bottle over to crush them.
Mix that with some bread crumbs, that is your breading.
Then coat it like a normal chicken breast: Coat in flour, dump into egg mix, press into the pecan/bread crumb mix.
-Do NOT cook them in the pan, i don't know how they even had them in the pan for 10 minutes it will scorch the pecans.
Just put them in a hot pan with some oil or butter for like 2 minutes, just brown each side's pecans, then place them in a oven pan.
Next put them in at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Thinner ones obviously take less time.

That sauce is insane, has a lot of butter though. You'll probably have to buy a lot of ingredients since it is not stuff i ever have normally, but worth it.
Do not clean out the pan after frying the chicken, leave the gunk and pecan shrapnel in there. Make the sauce with it in the pan.

Goes well with asparagus or roasted brussel sprouts.

Edit: I fail at reading. "Chicken quarters", means you have the bone and etc...this needs thin breasts.

Last edited:

wht93gted

Established Member
Any baked chicken recipe where the temp is under 425 has me :nono:, unless its some boneless\skinless thing.

Otherwise the skin doesn't get crispy enough, and non-crispy chicken skin is :bs:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
using a cream of whatever is a favorite of mine. i prefer mushroom, my wife likes cream of celery. can of that with salt n pepper, bake at 350 for 45-60 min depending on cut of chicken and amount.

Tried it last night. It was GREAT! Thanks.

Thanks also to everyone else for all the ideas.

Zerohe

Bro do you even Boost?
Established Member

I dont often do a whole lot of baking, but this came off the grill yesterday. Super Juicy and flavorful Skirt Steak on a bed of bell peppers topped with Pico De Gallo and the Chicken wings i marinated in 45 minutes using my homemade marinade of Bud Light Lime(used for all grilling) and Lawry's Herb and Garlic with Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Chipotle BBQ. That meat was falling apart in my mouth blasting with flavor!

My girlfriend makes this oven baken chicken wrapped in Bacon but it was too dry. So i cooked the bacon and then baked the chicken so the skin was crispy and brushed with garlic butter and wrapped in cooked, slightly crispy bacon(thick sliced and peppered) and topped with a Stroganoff sauce(My favorite- Cream of mushroom and Sour cream). Magnifico! I dont really follow recipes. I just get in there and go with what i got a taste for.

dooberGN

Established Member
Any baked chicken recipe where the temp is under 425 has me :nono:, unless its some boneless\skinless thing.

Otherwise the skin doesn't get crispy enough, and non-crispy chicken skin is :bs:

This is why I get my pot really on the stove first and sear the chicken before putting it in the oven.

I start with butter in the pot

Salt, pepper, chili powder and tyme on the chicken.

Cut a lemon in half and squeeze one half over the chicken then cut the other half into slices and put them on the chicken before going into the oven at 420 for a half or so, depending on if it's drumsticks or thighs.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
With leg quarters and thighs I do a cheaters BBQ. I do a dry rub on both sides of Brown Sugar, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and chipolte powder (You can omit the sugar). I put them on a cookie sheet skin side down, cover with foil tightly and cook them 35 mins at 350*. I then flip them over, recover them and cook for 25-30 min more. Then I throw them on the gas grill to get crispy and give them a little sauce bath and once that caramelizes they are done. If I am Sunday grilling I put them on the charcoal grill and smoke them crispy.

Drumsticks I either do them like above or I make them Buffalo style like wings but for a 1/3 of the price.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I roast the entire chicken in the oven, rarely do I do individual pieces. Baste the chicken with olive oil, sea salt, pepper, rotisserie seasoning. Place several sprigs of rosemary or halved lemons into the cavity of the bird, roast till 180*f. Serve with fresh green beans and mashed potatoes with home made chicken gravy, yummy. Makes for an excellent Sunday dinner the entire family can sit down and enjoy!

BCisme

Established Member
Ok LL here ya go, it's even easier than I thought.

1/4 cup spicy brown mustard (Not yellow plain mustard; very important)
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp. curry

Mix together in a bowl and add chunks of chicken in whatever size and cut you like. Bake for 45 minutes at 375 and your done. The excess sauce in the pan tastes great drizzled over rice pilaf or just to cover the chicken in on your plate. If you end up making it at some point shoot me a PM and let me know how you liked it, it will make her day!

gonna try this one too!

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
Bacon wrapped ranch chicken breast,
Make the chicken into a sandwich of sorts by cutting it in half like a subway sub. Stuff with favorite cheese and any veggies you like then wrap it closed with 1-3 pieces of uncooked bacon. You know the chicken is done when the bacon is done. Baste or serve ranch as a dipping sauce.

My girlfriend buys big bottles of sweet chicken chilli sauce from the Asian market and bastes and bakes chicken breast in that, it's really awesome.

Beer fried brussels, mashed potatoes and that chicken is hmmmm sooo good haha

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I will bake chicken wings in the oven opposed to deep frying them at times.

Place on a drip pan 24 chicken wings. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, what ever suits you. Place in oven allow to bake @ 350* for 25 mins. Melt butter, Franks hot sauce, salt and pepper in a pan. Baste chicken wings with sauce mix occasionally flipping the wings. Cook to wings crisp up. Serve with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.

Users who are viewing this thread