Oven Baked Chicken..Ideas, recipies ???

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
I have pan with a raised grill for the oven. Anyone have a good recipe? I've done the italian dressing thing and salt,pepper, + garlic salt. Tried barbecue sause. It came out horrible.:nonono:

The little store around the corner had chicken quarters on sale for $0.67 LB. That's my favorite part of the chicken. So I bought 20lbs.:-D

wht93gted

Established Member
I usually just rinse chicken, pat dry, throw in a big bowl and toss with olive oil, salt\pepper. Then arrange them skin side up in a roasting pan, and toss into a 425 degree oven for about 30 min.

If you want to glaze with anything, do it after the first 20 min only.

My stove has a temp probe hook up, so I'll jam it into the biggest piece and cook until it hits 155-160ish.

When I take it out, I remove the chicken, then make gravy with all the pan gunk.

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
Step 1: Eviscerate and decorticate Chicken.
Step 2: Light coat in mayonaise the night before. Sprinkle some sage, garlic salt, celery powder on said Chicken.
Step 3: Insert open beer can into hollow chicken-anus.
Step 4: Stand chicken on end (beer can vertical) in oven-safe dish.
Step 5: Place chicken into oven @ 375 for an hour ~ish.
Step 6: Remove from oven.
Step 7: ???
Step 8: Profit.

SR81

is Coke slangin
Established Member
I do baked Italian or ranch chicken.

Pat breasts dry.
Beat a few eggs. 1 egg per breast works.
Dip chicken in egg, submerge.
Get some Panko or bread crumbs. ( Mix a few tablespoons of Italian seasoning or powdered ranch dip in)
Drop chicken in, cover well.
Bake @350 for a hour also.

Cheap and easy.

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
Olive oil. Kosher salt. Cracked black pepper. Garlic powder. Paprika. Oregano. 20 minutes at 425 skin side up and then broil for 2 minutes. Delicious.

BCisme

Established Member
using a cream of whatever is a favorite of mine. i prefer mushroom, my wife likes cream of celery. can of that with salt n pepper, bake at 350 for 45-60 min depending on cut of chicken and amount.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
i love some beer can chicken, actually have one on the grill right now. But that wont work too well with 1/4 chickens. i would just grill them, i always get the best crunch on the skin with a grill

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
Honey mustard chicken. I can have my mom send me the recipe if you're interested. It's the best chicken dish i've ever had in my life

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Here's a few recipes for ya!

http://www.hellmanns.com/recipes/search

On the search, type in "chicken" and "bake" for method.

Thanks Mary Sue.;-)

using a cream of whatever is a favorite of mine. i prefer mushroom, my wife likes cream of celery. can of that with salt n pepper, bake at 350 for 45-60 min depending on cut of chicken and amount.

I just put it in the oven. mushroom soup, garlic pepper, garlic salt, pepper. I'll let you know how it comes out:coolman:

Honey mustard chicken. I can have my mom send me the recipe if you're interested. It's the best chicken dish i've ever had in my life

Please do. Sounds great.:pepper:

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
http://www.nahuntaporknc.com/

Nahunta Pork Center buy the mix for vinegar based barbeque sauce mix with yellow vinegar as directed bake/grill and as soon as you turn it over pour/brush some over the cooked side then repeat. If you want it stronger after tasting just wash some more over it after you taste test. many other uses pork chops briscuits exct.

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
Ok LL here ya go, it's even easier than I thought.

1/4 cup spicy brown mustard (Not yellow plain mustard; very important)
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp. curry

Mix together in a bowl and add chunks of chicken in whatever size and cut you like. Bake for 45 minutes at 375 and your done. The excess sauce in the pan tastes great drizzled over rice pilaf or just to cover the chicken in on your plate. If you end up making it at some point shoot me a PM and let me know how you liked it, it will make her day!

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
whip some butter and herbs together and stuff concoction under the skin and bake at 350.

Although hindquarters I usually remove the skin season them up and throw them on the grill. last 5 minutes or so slather them in barbeque sauce.
damn that sounds good right now

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I do baked Italian or ranch chicken.

Pat breasts dry.
Beat a few eggs. 1 egg per breast works.
Dip chicken in egg, submerge.
Get some Panko or bread crumbs. ( Mix a few tablespoons of Italian seasoning or powdered ranch dip in)
Drop chicken in, cover well.
Bake @350 for a hour also.

Cheap and easy.

THIS, except forget those shitty bread crumbs/panko. Grab Frosted Flakes and crush them up.

Users who are viewing this thread