Oval or duel throttle body inlet

torchredvert03

Established Member
Im looking to get a bigger throttle body? Anyone know whats better the oval or the twin inlet and what size is the best to go with. I have flowmaster exhaust K&N, intake,2.8 pulley, and sct tune. How much hp can you get from a throttle body?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
It hasn't been on here for how much hp. from a TB. I would go with a single blade and it really helps throttle response. Billet Flow is making some now but nobody knows when they're going to be finished or if all of them are spoken for. Other than that go with the Accufab.

99BOSS

Established Member
I put the new Dragon Performance TB and elbow on my car and I gained 20 rwhp and 20 ft/lbs of torque with only a cool down just long enough to swap the parts and this was on a Dynojet. Amazon Tuning Solutions is offering these now. You can really feel that when driving around too. Part throttle is a big improvement. Later!

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
+2, the bbk twin 62/twin 65mm throttle bodies are junk. Port the stocker if you want a dual blade, but I'd get the single blade that way you already have it if you go twinscrew on down the road, and the throttle response will be much better.

GodStang

Established Member
When running a PD blower...well in any case more CFMs you can flow into the engine the better. The single blade flows more CFMs. So I would go with the Single blade.

moddedmystic

Established Member
If your on a budget, theres nothing wrong with the BBK twin 65mm. IMO
You can usually find one on Ebay for under $200. Either way bigger is better!
~Mark

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
Modded Mystic said:
If your on a budget, theres nothing wrong with the BBK twin 65mm. IMO
You can usually find one on Ebay for under $200. Either way bigger is better!
~Mark

are you speaking form personal experience? Because the BBK I had was a POS.

lots of idle issues and the cruise control didn't like it much either...

moddedmystic

Established Member
Yes. Got it off Ebay for $150. I took my ported/welded Stiegy stocker and ported it to match the BBK twin 65mm. All I can say is that the throttle response improved alot and it pulls harder on top! I think the key to getting any throttle body to work properly is to get the base idle and TPS voltage set right. I'll post a link for the steps in setting your base idle(mechanical). Doug from Billetflow posted this years ago and all I can say is that it works!

Here's the link, check out post #22!

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/f17/billetflow-idle-issue-fixed-978-3.html

Users who are viewing this thread