Out with the old, and in with the new :)

Elwood617

Established Member
ja2a8e4e.jpg

Elwood617

Established Member
Great move dude!!! Dont know if you have them but grab you some lca's too.
I have adjustable lca, just got around to completing my suspension. Shocks are going in Sat.

Very nice...let us know how the install went and how you like it after.
It was straight forward, two of the bolts on the rear-end side of the shaft was a pain to get to with a socket. But, other than that, it was not to bad. Got to go test drive it tomorrow :)

Thanks, it beautiful, especially next to the stock shaft.

SWEET! Do want.

I need to do a 1 piece as well. good call man!

Thanks, I've been wanting to do this for a while :)

Last edited:

goat-ee

Established Member
Which brand is that? Is there a difference between a manual and automatic shaft? STRONGLY considering doing this. More reliable, small but consistent performance increase...no brainer!!

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
looks like a shaftmasters sticker on there.
curious to know if this one has any nhv.
ive heard of people having to clock them to reduce vibs.

Elwood617

Established Member
Which brand is that? Is there a difference between a manual and automatic shaft? STRONGLY considering doing this. More reliable, small but consistent performance increase...no brainer!!
Not sure, but I think so. The weight loss is amazing!

looks like a shaftmasters sticker on there.
curious to know if this one has any nhv.
ive heard of people having to clock them to reduce vibs.
It is A Shaftmaster, the dual u-joint construction can produce more nvh than Cv joints.

Very nice...let us know how the install went and how you like it after.
Initial impressions are very positive, but I'll wait till I take it to the track before I really comment on performance. It transmits more engine vibration when the engine is under load, which I expected with my setup. I have solid mount everything. I wouldn't expect as much nvh on a poly our stock setup.

Shaftmasters....I have it on my car and love it....good move man.
Yes it is, thanks :)

Niiiiiiice!

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Awesome!

Make sure that you have that Stiffler's DS loop positioned correctly. With those slotted holes they give it, mine was contacting the transmission corss member and rattling like hell! So you want to make sure the loop is pushed all the way up so it clears the top of the cross member.

[youtube_browser]dH_S0Or3EgU[/youtube_browser]

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Theres a guy here who spent money on a throttle body (replacing his other aftermarket TB) over getting a driveshaft. I wanted to laugh because he has every single bolt-on but no aluminum driveshaft, and a couple of the people suggested a DS. Still not sure why the guy spent money on a slightly larger TB when the DS will work wonders with his full bolton setup.

Anyways, nice pics, you can tell how much more efficient the one piece is. I wonder if the '15 uses a damn 2 piece as well?

Users who are viewing this thread