Out from hibernation

GT 500

Established Member
Pulled the shelby out 2 weeks ago from the winter storage. Ran the car every 2 weeks till proper operating temps while in the garage over the winter months. Last weekend went to Dasilvas show and shine. Car felt really sluggish off the line. Mind you the weather was killer hot and humid, but still didn't perform this way in the previous years. The only different thing I did was fill up with Shell gas insted of Sunoco. Don't know if I should throw octane boost or a fuel cleaning agent in the tank for improvements. If so could anyone recomend a good brand for car. Thanks

R1Lello

Established Member
just drive the tank near empty and fill with Sunoco 94 .......how was the show, I couldn't make it.

GT 500

Established Member
Show time

The show was great, lots of shelbys. Saw the Kona blue super snake, man that car is sweet. Would like to pick up those wheels for my ride. How do you like Evo's package. Thinking of going with the stage 2.

cbrmuscle

Established Member
How long was the car in storage? Did you use fuel stabilizer? How much gas was in the tank during storage?

GT 500

Established Member
Re; hibernation

Had the car stored for 6 months and did put fuel stabilizer on a full tank of fuel. Only this time it was filled up with shell gold insted of sunoco 94. That was the only thing diffferent. Mind you I havn't changed the winter oil yet.That was the first time out for a long haul to Dasilvas show. Just found it feeling a bit sluggish.

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
oil, empty gas tank. I wouldn't use octane booster.

Users who are viewing this thread