OT: No More Tow Piglet!

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
But I did upgrade to a 'real' Tow Pig!
06 F250 Lariat PSD w/19k on'er! Everything to include a kitchen sink & redneck lights!

And I get to use her at the end of July to go to Road Atlanta! :banana:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Very nice Ryan! :thumbsup:

How do you get to go to Road Atlanta before me!?!! :cryying:

Thanks Bruce!
And its called 'visiting the in-laws.' Val's mom lives so close to RA you can here the cars and its about a 5 minute drive to the main gate. I went to Petit LeMans in Oct '08 and slept like a baby listening while they were practicing!

wheelhopper

Established Member
Nice truck Ryan. You wont miss the Liberty.

So....when we convoying to RA? I was trying to make that trip last year.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Nice truck Ryan. You wont miss the Liberty.

So....when we convoying to RA? I was trying to make that trip last year.

I'm going at the end of July w/ Chin Motorsports. Let me know if you are serious!

wheelhopper

Established Member
I don't know if I could do the end of this July, I would like to, but for sure a future date. I am on vacation mid month and not sure I can get away a week or so later.

You need to do a NASA event with Greg and myself later in the summer.

Maynor

Established Member
Nice truck Ryan. I drive the same one. I get to call the first mod: Harley Davidson headlights for the black out trim.

Carry a spare set of fuel filters (remember, there's two) and a 6mm hex wrench as a just in case "water in fuel light going off" emergency. Cheap insurance. 60k on my truck and never a water incident but that's why you carry spares, to ward off the evil spirits. :)

John
E36 LS2

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Thanks for the heads up on the fuel filters, and I didn't realize there were two. I've started to read up on powerstroke.org.

You on the stock head bolts?

Maynor

Established Member
Stock everything. No tuner. Except for the EGR cooler and alternator going out, its been drop dead reliable.

Just replaced the batteries after almost six years. Also, might not be a bad idea to add a coolant filter setup. I did after the EGR cooler cracked. I still love the truck. The 11's 750 lb/ft of torque is damned tempting... but having no payments pretty much puts that to rest.

Enjoy it!

John

Last edited:

wheelhopper

Established Member
Ryan, I visit Thedieselstop.com for a lot of my info and research on my Ford Trucks. It is a Ford only site and lots of helpful people there.

My '02 has a turbo back 4" exhaust, an AFE 2 intake, and a Hypertech programmer. I have the programmer set on max, which is still safe to tow up to 12,500lbs. I doubt I'll do much else to it. It is very reliable. I just installed an Edge Juice w/ attitude in my '08. I highly recomend this if you are looking to make a mild performance increase and would also like a set of gauges at the same time. I have it set on the lowest power setting and the module holder looks factory. It gives you 4 guages in one, that you can view at all times, and reads anything that the factory computer reads. It is a good idea when towing to stay abreast of your EGT and trans temps.

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Doug - I have the Insight on the way. I bought the attitude thinking it did the Insight thing. I'll hook a thermocoupler up too. Then, its just here and there for things on it. The only thing driving me nuts right now is no Ipod hook up!

Also - was your R at a Ford Show on Saturday up in Glenn Burnie? Some SVO guys said a s/c'ed 95 R was there, but I didn't see it. :shrug:

wheelhopper

Established Member
I was in Silver Spring with the R. I would be curious to know who else has a supercharged '95 R. The only other one I know of was for sale down in Florida and was converted to drag strip duty. Made something like 750hp. Not much R left of it except for the body and most of the interior.

If you want a new Stereo for your truck with Ipod hook up, check Crutchfield. They had a nice Clarion unit, with Nav, on clearance for $500. I got the one model above it for another $200 so I could have HD and a couple other small features.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread