Orx, 65mm tb or heat exchanger for next mod?

rfugio68

Established Member
Hello,
i have a 2010 gt500 and I am going to a 1/2 mile event in October and my current mods are
-vmp 2.5" pulley
-jlt 123mm and a Lund tune.
so out of the 3 things I listed on the thread title which would be more beneficial?

nxhappy

Established Member
yep HE with fans for sure. Cooler engine and cooler IAT temps = happy engine :)

rfugio68

Established Member
I was going to retrofit a 2013 heat exchanger on. A dual fan afco/bigger reservoir and t stat is a little more than I'm willing to spend haha.

nxhappy

Established Member
I was going to retrofit a 2013 heat exchanger on. A dual fan afco/bigger reservoir and t stat is a little more than I'm willing to spend haha.

it's not worth it because you NEED the fans. They really cool things down. keep an eye out in the market section here. HEs are sold all of the time for great prices.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
it's not worth it because you NEED the fans. They really cool things down. keep an eye out in the market section here. HEs are sold all of the time for great prices.

+1 you don't want to waste your money and buy things twice. You could get the '13 HE but then just buy two SPAL fans to hook up. I think there are a couple of threads on this forum about that setup. May want to look it over to see if it's something you'll want to do.

VNMOUS1

Established Member

nxhappy

Established Member
Yeah I was thinking about that last night, along with a reservoir and 170 to stat. I might have to wait a couple weeks to spend ~$900.

welcome to the world of modding LOL

it's worth the money though ! :beer:

rfugio68

Established Member

Do the fans also benefit me while car is already moving? I only do rolls, don't believe in dig racing.

nxhappy

Established Member
Do the fans also benefit me while car is already moving? I only do rolls, don't believe in dig racing.

ultimately yes. If you do back to back runs, even roll racing, that coolant is heating up. The fans will cool everything down. High IAT2 temps means power loss.

You can find used units for $500 all day long in the market section

Users who are viewing this thread