Orphan Baby Calf

13BlackGT

Established Member
This poor 4 week old baby lost her momma Saturday. Luckily we got her to take a bottle. She is wild AF and a baby calf sure can kick! She got me good a few times. She should calm down soon.

906675ecf905915c76fcf10836312195.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Baby lamb is veal, what’s baby cow called?

Edit: i have no idea if that’s correct

jessie_sanders

Established Member
This poor 4 week old baby lost her momma Saturday. Luckily we got her to take a bottle. She is wild AF and a baby calf sure can kick! She got me good a few times. She should calm down soon.

906675ecf905915c76fcf10836312195.jpg

Good on you. Listen to "God made a farmer" by Paul Harvey. Reminded me of this.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The baby calf should do fine. Looks pretty healthy in that photo. It looks like you've got a decent stable setup there. How many farm animals do you have?

13BlackGT

Established Member
The baby calf should do fine. Looks pretty healthy in that photo. It looks like you've got a decent stable setup there. How many farm animals do you have?

We have 16 cows, 80 goats, 6 chickens, 5 Great Pyrenees livestock guardian dogs. The calf is calming down and doing great.
e1b500643ef05dd5f837bc4181f691c5.jpg

13BlackGT

Established Member
View attachment 1745993
Meanwhile, this focker needs a Summer job. Not a Pyrenees, but close.

That job can be interesting for the dogs. A lot of it is just barking all night, but sometimes the coyotes come on in and they get to tangle. The Pyrenees love their job and are up to the task. The 4 in the main pasture get to see much more action than the older semi-retired female that stays up in the lot where the baby goats are. They are amazing dogs

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
We have a client that has a female Kangal shepherd. Most impressive dog I've been around in some time. She sleeps with the goats and has chased off black bears at their residence. She appears to be a loyal sweetheart with a very deep bark.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
That job can be interesting for the dogs. A lot of it is just barking all night, but sometimes the coyotes come on in and they get to tangle. The Pyrenees love their job and are up to the task. The 4 in the main pasture get to see much more action than the older semi-retired female that stays up in the lot where the baby goats are. They are amazing dogs

Thor is a Pastore Abbruzzese and we got him from a breeder in Italy. When we brought him over, we had to have a kennel built for him 400E, and that was when he was in fighting trim at 129lbs - he's a chubby 160lbs now. Yes, they bark at everything as that is their primary deterrent for predators. He has way over-developed jaw muscles, and can snap the forelegs of wolves. However, he's a big cupcake most of the time....

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
We have 16 cows, 80 goats, 6 chickens, 5 Great Pyrenees livestock guardian dogs. The calf is calming down and doing great.
e1b500643ef05dd5f837bc4181f691c5.jpg

The calf is lucky you didn’t turn it into a baby sheep . It’s lucky to have you, looks very healthy. Post up some action shots of those Pyrenees pups, they sound cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread