Orlando Speedworld today.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
OSW is under new ownership and they have been open quite a bit over the last few weeks. They are running Sunday Funday today and I took out the bone stock, stock-tire '13 for some passes.
Weather is in the mid-50's, day started off with a little bit of a tailwind, but by ~12:30 or so, a pretty stiff crosswind started.

First pass, mode 7, 3200 rpm launch and the car bogged a bit...11.708 @ 125.78 on a 2.105 60 ft.
Second pass, mode 7, 3400 rpm launch car bogged a bit less...11.644 @ 125.86 on a 2.048 60 ft.

Track shutdown for about 45 minutes for EMS to help somebody in the pits who passed out. Unfortunately for us, the '13's have to have a coolant temp of 170* for full power/rpm and use of LC. The car was hooking so well I dialed up the LC again..

Third pass, mode 7, 3600 rpm launch, car bogged a tiny bit but generally came out well...11.454 @ 125.04 on a 1.854 60 ft.
timeslip11450303131.jpg

The crosswind at the top of the track was blowing the car around, and it clearly effected it as the mph dropped ~.8. I rolled the car back to the staging lanes and walked up to the bathroom...on the way back it was blowing hard. I looked up the track and you could see clouds of dust and sand blowing across both lanes. Seemed like a good excuse to call it quits and race again another day.
If this is representative of how well the new ownership is going to maintain the track, I expect to better my 11.38 best soon.
S.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Glad to hear positivty about OSW and congrats on the great times for a stock car!

Andy

Kazsak

Established Member
Here is the video of the run.

[youtube_browser]6AL1GM5lrW0[/youtube_browser]

Myfast70

Established Member
Any videos from inside the car? Do you ever use a gopro for an inside perspective?

Awesome times for a truly "bone stock" car. Driver mod is very effective on this car!

Njtony

Established Member
Please keep that car in Florida. With you driving it at atco my record is toast.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Great job Snorman, congrats! So when you say "bog" you can actually feel it nose over and stumble or is it the "squishy" feel of the TC cutting in? I'm at my 1000 mile mark now so I can start taking it to the track and am eager to start learning the programming limits. Nice job once again! :beer:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Great job Snorman, congrats! So when you say "bog" you can actually feel it nose over and stumble or is it the "squishy" feel of the TC cutting in? I'm at my 1000 mile mark now so I can start taking it to the track and am eager to start learning the programming limits. Nice job once again! :beer:

The former. The car will lunge, stumble then pick up again. It literally just cuts the power and kills the weight transfer/launch

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
The former. The car will lunge, stumble then pick up again. It literally just cuts the power and kills the weight transfer/launch

Yup you could see that in the launch on the video he just posted. That's impressive it still went a 1.85 with that happening.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Yup you could see that in the launch on the video he just posted. That's impressive it still went a 1.85 with that happening.
And it didn't stumble very much on that pass.
Honestly, I wish I could have come around and run another pass with the LC upped to 3800. I think it would have ran better than a 1.85 60'.
S.

C0bra99

Established Member
Nice runs:rockon:. The wind was blowing here also. Only problem is it had snow in it:fm::fm:.

image.jpg

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member

Thanks, that's what I figured. I think I'll try my first passes by "hovering" at the grab point and see if a quick release will net similar results of avoiding too much interference. I don't have any good tracks around here so the prep will stink but I can work on technique until I make the 2 hr trip to a 1/4 strip (they're all 1000' here locally).

Users who are viewing this thread