original battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

black10th vert

Established Member
Anyone else still have the original battery in their cobra. Can't believe mine is still going after 10.5 years.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Still have mine too......every year in March I cross my fingers that it will start the car

16k miles on mine..........

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Got it... infact, a couple years back I thought it finally quit on me, so I replaced it. Withing several months the new premium battery I bought had died and would not take a charge. So in desperation I swapped to my original Cobra battery and tried to give it a charge. It took a charge and is functioning perfectly still.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Not in the 04, but the 01 Cobra I had prior lasted almost eleven years replaced it with a Motorcraft as well.

cj428mach

Established Member
Original battery gone.
Original tires just removed last weekend 7596 miles on them.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
Yup battery tender since day one! Original tires on also, I use them mostly for winter storage & cold weather driving.

03SonicVert

Ford Junkie since 1996
Established Member
I have my original battery. I'm thinking it's going to go soon but so far so good. Even after a nice slow charge the eye remains yellow so I wouldn't be surprised if it took a dump. Seems to crank ever so slightly slower than it used to.

SV

Bfazona

Established Member
I still have my original battery as well. No ill effects from the little bit of driving that gets done too.

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
My battery lasted 10 years. I replaced it with another Motorcraft as well!

ctgreddy

Established Member
oem in my 03. No tender during the winters just leave it unhooked in the cold car. Also has 84k miles on it. I'm surprised it's still giong but want to see how long it'll last.

Steve@Tasca

Honestly Motorcraft makes some of the best batteries on the market, as long as I've been in Ford parts and service (20+ years) I've always been amazed how few issues we have that are actually due to a faulty battery.

-Steve

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Just took mine out last year. Replaced it with another Motorcraft.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
I bought mine last year with the stock battery in it. It was toast though. First thing i changed theday i bought the car. New motorcraft in it now. Kinda wishing i went Optima tho.

04SVTMystic