ordering new clutch, quick question

quad

Established Member
I just went with a Mcleod RXT 26 spline clutch and Mcleod lightened steel flywheel - a nice middle ground between aluminum and steel.

I could have had the stock flywheel resurfaced but did not want to wait. The stock flywheel is apparently very good by itself and works fine with the RXT.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Spec 3+ WITH SOFT PEDAL OPTION
26 spline

not everyone can be a baller and get Mcloed. LP has them.
Findaza Flywheel as already suggested

ctgreddy

Established Member
op whats your power level? I'm assuming stock eaton still, if that's the case look into the promotion 650. I have their 750(which i've heard is actually worse than the 650) and it has excellent street driveability. It however doesn't like the track very well, I've went twice and after 2-3 passes it will start slipping up top. BUT, that's with 575ft lbs and trying to launch at a high rpm. If you went with a basic eaton setup and weren't trying to go all out the clutch would be fine. I'm planning on going to an rxt over winter, becasue i want to be able to flat out launch the car without having any worries. That said, the centerforce df isn't a bad choice either. I believe that's what Timspony has in his car and he's got that heavy ass thing in the 10's with an eaton/e85. and thus far(knock on wood) it's holding up to his tvs/e85 combo. Altho I dont see it last much longer at 750whp lol.

Also, deff do 26 spline. IMO if you're pulling the trans you shouldn't even put it back in with a 10 if you ever even slightly think you'll go to the track.

SuperSnake87

Established Member
Thanks Malcom, I'll reconsider getting the SPEC clutch then, I don't want a twin disk at this time. I'm only looking to support about 600-650whp max for a street car. Would you recommend a McCleod then? I have some clutch shutter now with my stock clutch, but it engages very low and I believe my throwout bearing is shot. I already have a Lethal retainer waiting to go in and a ford HD throw out bearing and I'm thinking of adding an quadrant adjuster as well.

MTBSully

Established Member
I have a stock flywheel I would let go for cheap if you are trying to save a few $$$ and don't want the down time sending yours to mcleod for resurfacing.

JMoore112

JM0 SVT
Established Member
RXT has definitely proven itself time and time. Also heard good things about the DFX 26 spline and it's streetability.

Users who are viewing this thread