Ordering my brakes today! Few last minute questions..

d4a3m2o1n

Banned
I have decided to get the brembo brake pads and the baer drilled rotors. You think this is a good combo? Also, where can i order both the rotors/pads so they come from one place?

I want the BEST rotor/pad combo for the stock brakes, so please let me know if im making the right choice! I have heard good things about the drilled/slotted, but people also are telling me the stockers are better so I don't want to order the wrong thing :shrug:

Thanks! :beer:

bigmoose

Established Member
"BEST" is dependent on your application. do you track the car? If so then you would want a pad that works in a higher temp range, however that same pad on the street would be crap.

d4a3m2o1n

Banned
I dont track the car, but im always hard on the brakes when i drive it.. I want to get the most out of the stock brakes for a mostly street car (rarely sees the track). I do drive it on the street like its on a racetrack though..

346CamaroSS

Established Member
If you ordered Baer eradispeeds they are a nice rotor. They are close to 3+ lbs lighter than the stockers. Just know they will be prone to cracks.

d4a3m2o1n

Banned
Lethal performance said Baer's are good.. but they are telling me the Hawk HPS and HP+ are good.. do these squeak? I hate that

d4a3m2o1n

Banned
Thank you for the info. Basically i know im getting the baers, just want to know if i should get drilled/slotted or just drilled. and brembo sport pads seem to be the winner?

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
Drilled and slotted rotors are a waste of money. Get Centric or Brembo blank rotors. HP+ pads are awesome but they dust a lot and need to be bedded in correctly to be quiet, and still might squeak a bit. I hate HPS pads.

Porterfields and EBC green stuff are pretty good for a decent street pad. Brembo sport pads are ok as well.

346CamaroSS

Established Member
HPS's do not squeak (yet...).
I believe the HP+ are more of a racing pad, and HPS is a high performance street pad.

If anything the Baer's are just more aesthetically pleasing. If I ever decide to race/track the car I will get a set of stock rotors and dif. pads

img1248t.jpg

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Established Member
I believe the HP+ are more of a racing pad, and HPS is a high performance street pad.

If anything the Baer's are just more aesthetically pleasing. If I ever decide to race/track the car I will get a set of stock rotors and dif. pads

img1248t.jpg

The HPS pads on my brembos squeal badly at moderate temps, and they feel horrible.

The HP+ is probably too agressive for the OP, but it makes an excellent agressive street pad.

LargeOrangeFont

Established Member
The Baer decela rotors.. drilled/slotted. Whats wrong with them?

You probably wont use them hard enough to crack them, but they do crack.

Mainly you are just paying hundreds extra for nothing. If you are getting their 2 piece rotors, those are better, but twice the price of their one piece rotors.

Centric premium blanks are awesome. The centers and vanes are epoxy coated black so they dont rust, and they dont crack under hard use.

Taz

Established Member
The Baer decela rotors.. drilled/slotted. Whats wrong with them?

Not a thing.

Regardless of what various internet luddites say about D/S rotors, they will produce shorter stopping distances and reduced fade. Tests supporting this fact have been published. You should be able to find them with a Google search.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member

img1248t.jpg

looks damn good and i agree 100% on the aesthetics. drilled/slotted blow blank slugs out of the water, so bad ass looking and really sets the car off from other stangs :beer: :coolman:

d4a3m2o1n

Banned
I have been told that the Hawk Performance Ceramic is probably the best for my use.. i will get more of a "bite" out of the other ones but these will last longer.

LargeOrangeFont

Established Member
Not a thing.

Regardless of what various internet luddites say about D/S rotors, they will produce shorter stopping distances and reduced fade. Tests supporting this fact have been published. You should be able to find them with a Google search.

No they wont. How do you expect to get shorter stopping distances with less surface area.

Don't give me the crap that the slots help expel gasses either.. We are not talking about racing brakes, we are talking about street cars. You want as much surface area as possible to disperse heat and stop the car.

346CamaroSS

Established Member
So i shouldn't get the HP series? I need to order pads today and i am getting very varied opinions.

Check out that link that was posted above. It has a little chart with all the brands of pads and tells you what they are designed for.

d4a3m2o1n

Banned
I think i've decided, performance ceramics on the front and HPS on the back.. sound good? I am actually on the phone ordering now :)

Users who are viewing this thread