Couple questions...
Where's the best place to get one?
Do u need the extended handle?
And what ball do u guys recomend using?
Is the stock one still good?
Thanks fellas!!!

Snoopy49

Established Member
Buy direct from George at MGW, that way you get the latest and greatest. You can reuse you original ball if you can remove it without damaging it. If you decide to use the original, make sure you get the correct thread for the ball. The standard handle is the same length as the original and the longer handle is 1/2" longer. I went with the longer handle and original ball and I have no complaints, other than it would look nice with a snake on the sides.
If you decide to reuse the original ball, you should use a tap to clean out the factory Loctite and then apply new blue Loctite to the threads and let the ball sit over night so the Loctite can cure. The factory used red Loctite and it was a mother to get off, the blue works and it will be easier to remove the ball in the future if needed.

Call MGW to order and tell the folks there what you want to do and they will get you squared away. Super nice people and great customer service.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
From MGW.
Officially Licensed Logo Ball

Here is what one looks like in black with the standard (short) handle.

MGW Shifter Handle..jpg

Last edited:

svtpolice

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Yep, MGW all the way. Changes the whole driving dynamic. I got the extended handle and one of their shift knobs. Stock height, yet is so nice. WAY better than stock. And their install videos basically hold your hand. I did mine on jackstands in the garage.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
They had a 10% off on Labor Day, so I sprung for one. Just arrived yesterday but it will be awhile before I can get it installed.

STACKZ89

Established Member
They had a 10% off on Labor Day, so I sprung for one. Just arrived yesterday but it will be awhile before I can get it installed.

Damn I wish I would've known that!!! I ordered mine today!!! Great service, can't wait for it to arrive!!

Users who are viewing this thread