Ordered VMP Gen II - should I get the throttle body???

Doc Vegas

Established Member
Hi Guys:

As usual, I regret not listening when I was told to just get a VMP and not mess with pullies and stuff (warning to newbies here). Mine is a 2011 GT500 Convertible SVTP with Steeda H/E twin fans and Reich thermostat (currently pullied and tuned)

So, I made the plunge and I ordered the VMP Gen II with their tune. I have 2014 GT500 OEM injectors ready to go. I can only get 91 octane fuel in arizona and I am warm to inferno hot temps year round. I hate to spend $200 each time I add a component for the re-tune. So, I am wondering if I should get the throttle body or any other options "while I am at it."? I do not race the car, so i am just into it for fun street driving stuff. Is it worth the $ for the throttle body while I have it apart? If I do the throttle body, do I have to change the air intake???

Thanks!

Speedboosted

Established Member
I don't think VMP will charge you $200 to get a new throttle body tune if you already have a tune for the Gen II through them, I'm sure BJ will chime in on this. Get VMP's Twinjet dual 67mm throttle body and you'll be ready to make some big power. I have it and love it!

kent1

Established Member
I don't think VMP will charge you $200 to get a new throttle body tune if you already have a tune for the Gen II through them, I'm sure BJ will chime in on this. Get VMP's Twinjet dual 67mm throttle body and you'll be ready to make some big power. I have it and love it!

What he said! The 67 TB will give u additional horsepower and fun! Ask BJ about the air filter size.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
I agree with the others. Make sure you have a 123mm+ CAI and throttlebody if you can swing it. Do it right the first time. :beer:

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
You should do the tb and bigger intake, no sense having that blower with no air getting to it.

Doc Vegas

Established Member
Ha - thanks guys - and yes I do have the H/E installed. I will talk to BJ at VMP and figure it out. I hate how this stuff snowballs. When I bought it, I promised myself NO MODIFICATIONS - it's a classic right? Now, $8k later...... :??:

Speedboosted

Established Member
Ha - thanks guys - and yes I do have the H/E installed. I will talk to BJ at VMP and figure it out. I hate how this stuff snowballs. When I bought it, I promised myself NO MODIFICATIONS - it's a classic right? Now, $8k later...... :??:

$8k and still on the stock eaton? You're doing it wrong lol

einehund

Established Member
who charges $200 for a retune? if you get the tune from Lund @ lethal, as long as you don't swap power adders, the retunes are free...

Doc Vegas

Established Member
who charges $200 for a retune? if you get the tune from Lund @ lethal, as long as you don't swap power adders, the retunes are free...

OK, so I have a Lund tune now with my pullies on the stock Eaton. Now, I am adding VMP, injectors, and the heat exchanger.... Lund wants $250 for the tune..... don't quite get it....

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Hi Guys:

As usual, I regret not listening when I was told to just get a VMP and not mess with pullies and stuff (warning to newbies here). Mine is a 2011 GT500 Convertible SVTP with Steeda H/E twin fans and Reich thermostat (currently pullied and tuned)

So, I made the plunge and I ordered the VMP Gen II with their tune. I have 2014 GT500 OEM injectors ready to go. I can only get 91 octane fuel in arizona and I am warm to inferno hot temps year round. I hate to spend $200 each time I add a component for the re-tune. So, I am wondering if I should get the throttle body or any other options "while I am at it."? I do not race the car, so i am just into it for fun street driving stuff. Is it worth the $ for the throttle body while I have it apart? If I do the throttle body, do I have to change the air intake???

Thanks!

We update our tunes for any mods purchased from us on a complimentary basis. We're also available by phone so you can get the real answer quickly...and accurately. :)

bj

bj

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
OK, so I have a Lund tune now with my pullies on the stock Eaton. Now, I am adding VMP, injectors, and the heat exchanger.... Lund wants $250 for the tune..... don't quite get it....

That's because you're changing the power adder. It requires a complete retune and not just an update.

Users who are viewing this thread