Ordered Pypes mid for Speedmaster Headers

clc44

Established Member
Good luck on install and such. Typically the autos and manuals are pretty close at that power level. Great article comparing both back in 11.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/parts/mmfp-1010-2011-ford-mustang-gt-automatic-and-manual-sct-tuning/

I would say you are in the ballpark for sure. What octane are you running? Do you know how much timing your getting on avg at WOT?

I don't know. I'd have to datalog I guess. Once I install everything I'm going to datalog for Mike. My afr was spot on according to Jeff who was running the dyno and a known tuner.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
I don't know. I'd have to datalog I guess. Once I install everything I'm going to datalog for Mike. My afr was spot on according to Jeff who was running the dyno and a known tuner.

You will pick up gains for sure. If you decide (like you have talked about) to do an intake (cj, gt350, Holley, Edlebrock) you will really enjoy the extended rpm and hp. From a roll being able to pretty much hold peak hp from 6500 to 7500 (with auto 3.15 gears) plus really helps a lot. On your graph you peak and start dropping at 6500. I'm sure the headers will help that peak to 6800 range due to more flow. Looking forward to results! ;)

clc44

Established Member
You will pick up gains for sure. If you decide (like you have talked about) to do an intake (cj, gt350, Holley, Edlebrock) you will really enjoy the extended rpm and hp. From a roll being able to pretty much hold peak hp from 6500 to 7500 (with auto 3.15 gears) plus really helps a lot. On your graph you peak and start dropping at 6500. I'm sure the headers will help that peak to 6800 range due to more flow. Looking forward to results! ;)

So, do you recommend the cobra jet? If it feels fast enough after the exhaust. I may just skip the CJ set up and throw 100-150 shot on it and call it a day. I lay the hammer down a few times a month. Atlanta doesn't allow long stretches with the pedal to the floor.

rsb213

Established Member
So, do you recommend the cobra jet? If it feels fast enough after the exhaust. I may just skip the CJ set up and throw 100-150 shot on it and call it a day. I lay the hammer down a few times a month. Atlanta doesn't allow long stretches with the pedal to the floor.

Did you ever get an after result?

clc44

Established Member
[video]https://youtu.be/3fCBRuidGic[/video]

Part throttle.

Not yet! Waiting on a few things. I have to data log the car and get revised tune.

jn2

Established Member
Could you post of the x pipe from under the car? Like you can literally just lean under the car and snap a pic. Just curious to see how well the pypes mid pipe mates to these headers and over axle.

clc44

Established Member
Yes I can. My JPC ota pipes may have been short. There was a 1/2" gap that I had to get welded. I'm going to get the exhaust tucked and add resonators on June 2. The mid matted well with the headers.

clc44

Established Member
image.jpeg

jn2

Established Member
Awesome thanks! I was thinking of getting these, I'm still running stock over axles. Did you have any issues with the flex section letting the x pipe hang?

clc44

Established Member
It does sag a little. I'm taking it to get those cut out and get them to tuck the mid pipe and ota pipes. Can't been the sound of the set up I have, especially once I install the resonators on the fourth. I just want a little less volume.

Matthew Gray

Established Member
Yes I can. My JPC ota pipes may have been short. There was a 1/2" gap that I had to get welded. I'm going to get the exhaust tucked and add resonators on June 2. The mid matted well with the headers.

So these headers and the pypes x pipe fit pretty good then? Or it is best to let a shop do it in case welding needs to be done?

clc44

Established Member
So these headers and the pypes x pipe fit pretty good then? Or it is best to let a shop do it in case welding needs to be done?

Yes. The only issue was the JPC ota pipes to the mode. It needed an inch or two for it to reach fully. It may be perfect with stock ota pipes. Worst case a muffler shop can add a little pipe and weld. My set up now sounds perfect!!! I'm going to data log my car soon as I finally got a lap top. I bout everything and had it installed for under a grand.

clc44

Established Member
No one at the moment. I have my exhaust all set to where I want to. I just have to find time to go to the Dino. I want to make sure it is the same one. I just moved about 30 minutes further away from it, so it is over an hour drive to get there. I would like to let the weather cooled down a little bit. When I first went to the Dino it was about 40° out. Right now it is in the hundreds. I do plan on getting it on the Dino

'03GTinFLA

Established Member
I was hoping you would find humor in that. I debated posting it for a good 5 minutes but I thought it was funny so.... But anyways I've been following this thread for awhile to see results. I hope she puts down some good power.

jn2

Established Member
They are literally Pypes headers with out the pypes tag on them. 18 gauge stainless steel starting at a 1 3/4" primary then stepping up to 1 7/8th at the same spot the Pypes headers do. Primary length, shape, routing, and diameters are the same as Pypes. So it is a safe assumption that you will see identical results

I have will be dyno'n mine on the 6th. Im expecting 420whp-ish at the moment. Mods are in sig...might see more, might see less, depends how early I get on the rollers because once noon comes around it will be 100*+ outside.

Last edited:

clc44

Established Member
They are literally Pypes headers with out the pypes tag on them. 18 gauge stainless steel starting at a 1 3/4" primary then stepping up to 1 7/8th at the same spot the Pypes headers do. Primary length, shape, routing, and diameters are the same as Pypes. So it is a safe assumption that you will see identical results

I have will be dyno'n mine on the 6th. Im expecting 420whp-ish at the moment. Mods are in sig...might see more, might see less, depends how early I get on the rollers because once noon comes around it will be 100*+ outside.

Do you have numbers before the headers?

Users who are viewing this thread