Ordered Pypes mid for Speedmaster Headers

clc44

Established Member
Hello,

I recently ordered Speed Master LT Stainless Steel headers. After research and checking out the headers in person, they look just like Pypes LT headers. I talked to someone else that went with the pypes LT x pipe and it fit pretty good. I ordered the O/R pypes x from beef for an incredible price. I will post pics and feedback along the way. BTW, headers look great for the money.

I have a couple questions. I'm going to get a tune from AED but I have an issue. The only Laptop I have is a Mac, has anyone data logged from a Mac with SCT?

Also, I have the factory resonators cut out, should I invest in smoother over the axle pipes? Or just go with what I have?

Thanks for any feedback! Happy Thanksgiving!

clc44

Established Member
image.jpeg

Speed master stainless steel headers

image.jpeg

I received the mid pipe. Getting ever so close! I'm going to try and get it to a local dyno shop for before and after numbers. It'll show what long tubes and off road x get you on a budget. I like the mid pipe as it allows a little wiggle room. Any advice? Have a buddy installing the headers at his shop. Looking for some ota pipes if anyone is selling theirs or has their stock ones. Mine are welded to the mid and will require welding which I don't want. Plan on a converter and I want the mid section easily removable. Thanks for any help!

Beef, I appreciate the great deal!!!

Shaun, I can't wait to say I'm aed tuned!!! Thanks for answering my pm's.

Last edited:

clc44

Established Member
I'll do my best to get good pictures and sound clips.

Investment:

Headers $305
Off Road X pipe $224

If I would've known that pypes were going to sell their combo for just over $600 I would have waited. Oh well! Pretty much the same Long tubes.

Install should be around $300, then whatever the aed email tune cost. I'll have $1,000 give or take a little for what I believe will make great power and sound killer! Kooks axle backs sound perfect with long tubes and no cats.

crimsonchin2012

Established Member
Hey any luck with the install yet? Got my pypes x pipe coming in, and wondering if I just get these instead of the pypes headers.... They literally look the same : |

RIPCHVY

Established Member
I wanted to go with the Speedmasters myself but i was scared of the fitment issue or having one. Since teambeefcake racing had a sweet deal with the Pypes LT for $408.00 I went with that deal. Let me know how the fitment is anyway. Im still curious to know about the speedmasters. I will also post a picture of my Pypes and you guys can compare the headers I only have one picture for now.

Attachments

• Headers.JPG
    Headers.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 556
Last edited:

RIPCHVY

Established Member
The welds look alot better in person from the distance they look weird in this photo for some reason.

RIPCHVY

Established Member
I wouldn't be surprised it the headers were made by Speedmasters. The Lethal Performance X pipe is made by Greyhound or something like that i found them on another site for cheap.

clc44

Established Member
I'm putting it on the dyno for base numbers this coming Friday. Scheduled installation of headers on Feb 27th. So it's happening!!! I went and knocked out emissions, now imp of for a year lol.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Are you running an offroad midpipe now? That would be the comparison I would rather see. Getting rid of the cats will always increase your power.

clc44

Established Member
I'm not and won't be adding them without having the headers. I wish I could, it's just not in the cards.

Users who are viewing this thread