ordered nitrous

mustangdan429

Established Member
white98snake said:
well the fuel cut off on our cars is like 7200 and if u hit the fuel cut off while spraying u can say goodbye to ur motor and 6800 is redline so thats perfect for a cut off of nitrous

fuel cut off is 7000 from what i remember.

did you get TR6 spark plugs?

no i didnt but i need to order some plugs that are colder...does anyone know part numbers?

What are doing to get it tuned?

im going to run a 75 shot and not tune it..but after fuel pump ill kick it up to 100-125 and get it tuned.

NXGHOST

Established Member
white98snake said:
when i got my kit i looked at the hole that the nitrous sprays out of on the nozzle and it was accually drilled sidways and wasnt centered, then whne i sprayed some brakleen through it to see how the nitrous would spray it puddled out so i called nx and they told me they wouldnt warrenty if which kinda pissed me off, i heard a lot of good things about the edelbrock nozzle so i ordered that and did the brakleen test and its a fine mist which is perfect

Tests like these are worthless and likely cost you a nozzle for nothing. Did your can of Brakleen have 900PSI? My nearly Stock 96 Cobra with 4.30 gear and Crappy BF Drag Radials went 12.70@111MPH. I was blowing those POS tires away to a whopping 1.78 60" time. With slicks the car will go 12.20's. Thats with a 50HP NX shot and their nozzle.

Last edited:

SVTCobra306

Established Member
My NX kit with the shark nozzle w/bottle heater at a little over a thousand PSI added just short of 160 HP and 215 lbs of torque to my 306 at the wheels. But they're junk, right? LOL.

Wanna mail that crap nozzle to me? I could use some spare parts...

BTW MustangDan429 I suggest some really good tires :)

white98snake

Established Member
SVTCobra306 said:
My NX kit with the shark nozzle w/bottle heater at a little over a thousand PSI added just short of 160 HP and 215 lbs of torque to my 306 at the wheels. But they're junk, right? LOL.

Wanna mail that crap nozzle to me? I could use some spare parts...

BTW MustangDan429 I suggest some really good tires :)

Sure sent me some money and ill send u the nozzle, i think they are junk if u dont then thats fine, perhaps the one i got is not good but dont cop an attitude boy

the nozzle and jets are for sale if ur interested then by all means lemme kno

NXGHOST

Established Member
white98snake said:
Sure sent me some money and ill send u the nozzle, i think they are junk if u dont then thats fine, perhaps the one i got is not good but dont cop an attitude boy

We are just saying that your Brakleen test was in no way a valid method of testing a nozzle. Hook that NX nozzle to your pressured line then do the test, you will see you wasted money on the edelbrock nozzle.

mustangdan429

Established Member
I have good tires i am just waiting to decide what window switch to get.

opened the kit today and it looks more involved then i thought... but it think i got it.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
NXGHOST said:
We are just saying that your Brakleen test was in no way a valid method of testing a nozzle. Hook that NX nozzle to your pressured line then do the test, you will see you wasted money on the edelbrock nozzle.

that's what my response was. dude is comparing what, 30psi out of an aerosol can to close to 1000psi of nitrous? yeah. valid "test" if you ask me ....

mustangdan: i would look at a good motorcraft plug if i were you. get a agsf22c. i tried the TR6 plug in my car and the car ran like complete crap and the plug turned green after like 2wks of driving and no nitrous through the motor. i thought i had hurt the motor it ran so bad. i've also tried a set of autolites and it didn't run too well, either. may just be my car but it seems to run best with motorcraft plugs. I'm running an agsf32c (stock plug) on a 150 shot with no problems.

SVTCobra306

Established Member
white98snake said:

Give ya 10 bucks. After all, it's just garbage.....

mustangdan429

Established Member
Doug said:
that's what my response was. dude is comparing what, 30psi out of an aerosol can to close to 1000psi of nitrous? yeah. valid "test" if you ask me ....

mustangdan: i would look at a good motorcraft plug if i were you. get a agsf22c. i tried the TR6 plug in my car and the car ran like complete crap and the plug turned green after like 2wks of driving and no nitrous through the motor. i thought i had hurt the motor it ran so bad. i've also tried a set of autolites and it didn't run too well, either. may just be my car but it seems to run best with motorcraft plugs. I'm running an agsf32c (stock plug) on a 150 shot with no problems.

is anyone else running stock plugs? i always heard that it was a must to get at least 1 range colder plug.

4camwonder

Established Member
i thought it was too. id like to know if an of you have had a bad experiance with stock plugs instead of coing colder. im about to install a TNT wet kit on my car in a few weeks.

white98snake

Established Member
SVTCobra306 said:
Give ya 10 bucks. After all, it's just garbage.....

lol well if its so good and they go for 50 new why dont u send me $40 and ill ship it right out to u

and just so u guys kno i did also hook it up to a pressurized line with about 980psi with a 150 jet and it puddled so u boys who dont kno wat ur talkin about can keep flappin ur gums all day long, maybe i got a shitty piece with my nozzle but i kno of quite a few guys running in the 8's with edelbrock nozzles and im sure Billy Glidden (u may kno who that is if not sell ur car) knos a thing or 2 about nitrous and thats all he uses is edelbrock e2 and e3 nozzles

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
mustangdan429 said:
is anyone else running stock plugs? i always heard that it was a must to get at least 1 range colder plug.

the car runs like crap with anything else. on motor and on nitrous. stock plugs at stock gap it runs like a bat out of hell on motor. stock plugs gapped for nitrous and it runs really good :D . my engine builder said to run a the agsf32c so that's what i'm running :) its the same plug he runs on his car with a 300 shot ;)

Users who are viewing this thread