ordered nitrous

white98snake

Established Member
yes and for the window switch go to www.nitrodaves.com and get the bmn window switch, much better then the msd and this also has a first gear lockout that can be turned on or off

also a fuel pressure safty switch nx pr# 15708
and get new spark plugs atleast one heat range colder i went 2 just to be on the safe side
NGK BR7EF are really good

i also upgraded to the edelbrock e1 nozzle b/c the SHark nozzle that comes wit the nx kit is garbage. good luck and happy juicing

mustangdan429

Established Member
thanks for the info. i am planning on getting a gauge but the only ones i can find are around $180. is there any cheaper ones?

any more info would be appricated.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
wtf? i bought an NX gauge for $30 brand new. all you need is just one on the bottle

your going to like nitrous on those drag radials :) air them down to about 12psi, do a burnout and do about a 15roll and stomp it! you'll be hooked on nitrous for the rest of your life :)

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
white98snake said:
i also upgraded to the edelbrock e1 nozzle b/c the SHark nozzle that comes wit the nx kit is garbage. good luck and happy juicing

what makes the NX nozzle garbage?

i'm using a 4 year old Compucar nozzle and it is working just fine for me.

white98snake

Established Member
Doug said:
what makes the NX nozzle garbage?

i'm using a 4 year old Compucar nozzle and it is working just fine for me.

when i got my kit i looked at the hole that the nitrous sprays out of on the nozzle and it was accually drilled sidways and wasnt centered, then whne i sprayed some brakleen through it to see how the nitrous would spray it puddled out so i called nx and they told me they wouldnt warrenty if which kinda pissed me off, i heard a lot of good things about the edelbrock nozzle so i ordered that and did the brakleen test and its a fine mist which is perfect

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Get some Autolite 103's gapped at .035, that's what I use with my nitrous set with success. Nitrous is VERY fun, just be safe with it. Even when I use a little 75-shot, it pulls very hard. If you are gonna spray more than a 100-shot, put in a Walbro 255lph fuel-pump. I will say this though, on a 150-shot, these cars are friggin ruthless, you won't believe how fast it is, but the tune must be spot-on, there is no room for error at that level.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
white98snake said:
when i got my kit i looked at the hole that the nitrous sprays out of on the nozzle and it was accually drilled sidways and wasnt centered, then whne i sprayed some brakleen through it to see how the nitrous would spray it puddled out so i called nx and they told me they wouldnt warrenty if which kinda pissed me off, i heard a lot of good things about the edelbrock nozzle so i ordered that and did the brakleen test and its a fine mist which is perfect

i typed out a response, but i deleted it and wrote only this sentence.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
RippinSVT said:
Get some Autolite 103's gapped at .035, that's what I use with my nitrous set with success. Nitrous is VERY fun, just be safe with it. Even when I use a little 75-shot, it pulls very hard. If you are gonna spray more than a 100-shot, put in a Walbro 255lph fuel-pump. I will say this though, on a 150-shot, these cars are friggin ruthless, you won't believe how fast it is, but the tune must be spot-on, there is no room for error at that level.

yeah, the 150 shot is VERY fun :) especially on 28" et drags from a 1st gear roll.. dead hooked. felt like i lifted a front tire, but i know i didn't.

i'm thinking about 200pills and 100 unleaded gas :)

mustangdan429

Established Member
white98snake said:
yes and for the window switch go to www.nitrodaves.com and get the bmn window switch, much better then the msd and this also has a first gear lockout that can be turned on or off

also a fuel pressure safty switch nx pr# 15708
and get new spark plugs atleast one heat range colder i went 2 just to be on the safe side
NGK BR7EF are really good

the BMN window switch turns on from 2500-4000 and turns off at 5300-6800 rpm?? thats dumb it would be on for the low range and off for high end...am i missing something?

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
If you want cheaper nitrous stuff look on WWW.DYNOTUNE.ORG. They have cheap bottle heaters, gauges and more. I have never ordered from them but they have cheap prices. I love the jug. I've never ran it on my cobra but love it on my 88 Coupe.

Chris

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
mustangdan429 said:
the BMN window switch turns on from 2500-4000 and turns off at 5300-6800 rpm?? thats dumb it would be on for the low range and off for high end...am i missing something?

the msd is pill driven and you can set when it comes on and off. the pills in mine are 3500 on and 6800 off.

white98snake

Established Member
well the fuel cut off on our cars is like 7200 and if u hit the fuel cut off while spraying u can say goodbye to ur motor and 6800 is redline so thats perfect for a cut off of nitrous

Users who are viewing this thread