Ordered mine over a month ago

stang910

Established Member
My cars supposed to be here anyday so I went to the dealership to see if my vin and work order is in yet. Well they told me the order hasn't even gone through yet as well as 5 other special orders. I was told Ford stopped production of the GT's last month and none have been delivered. He said the order should go through this Friday. Has anybody heard anything about the production stop my dealer was talking about.

csledd

DSG!!
Established Member
My cars supposed to be here anyday so I went to the dealership to see if my vin and work order is in yet. Well they told me the order hasn't even gone through yet as well as 5 other special orders. I was told Ford stopped production of the GT's last month and none have been delivered. He said the order should go through this Friday. Has anybody heard anything about the production stop my dealer was talking about.

Yeah the plant shut down for 2 weeks at the beginning of July for it's usual maintenance, nothing major though it was planned.

Now, when your car is built is based off what the dealership is allocated to get. If the dealership you ordered at does not currently have allocation to have a GT built, well your order will be delayed.

I ordered on 6/2 and my dealership knew they would have allocation for my GT the last week of June, I got my VIN the first week of July, build date was 7/29, first ETA was 8/2, second ETA was 8/7. My cars status is currently "in transit" and is believed to be shipped by convoy (truck).

If your car has only been ordered for one month, what you are experiencing is pretty normal.

stang910

Established Member
Mine was ordered on 8/7. The dealer told me it would be 4-6 weeks to get the car. When I went yesterday they basically said that since I've ordered my car no GT's have been built and won't be until this Friday and that's why my order hasn't gone through. I left there feeling like they lied to me which apparently they did. I'd be alot happier about the situation if they just told me they didn't have any allocations when mine was ordered, but the order will go through this Friday.

EaterofWorlds

Established Member
Mine was ordered on 8/7. The dealer told me it would be 4-6 weeks to get the car. When I went yesterday they basically said that since I've ordered my car no GT's have been built and won't be until this Friday and that's why my order hasn't gone through. I left there feeling like they lied to me which apparently they did. I'd be alot happier about the situation if they just told me they didn't have any allocations when mine was ordered, but the order will go through this Friday.

Wait, wait... you said in your original post that you ordered over a month ago. Was it a month ago or on 8/7 (three days ago)?

I ordered mine on 6/30 and I still don't have a VIN. A couple other people I know of are in the same boat. Apparently, Ford's order/delivery system has somehow managed to turn into MORE of a clusterf*ck than when I ordered my '05.

stang910

Established Member
It was 7/7 my bad. I called another dealership today and they said they haven't heard of any hold or anything and have been getting cars in as scheduled. They told me if I wanted to order from them today it'll be here in 4 weeks.

DougT

Established Member
Stop being so Impatient , If you really thought it was going to take 4 weeks? you need to have your head checked. Calling another dealer ? What do you think there answer is gonna be ? Mine took 9 weeks to get , Big deal.:sleeping:

csledd

DSG!!
Established Member
My car was delivered to the dealership today (picking up tomorrow)

So yeah 2 months and 1 week from time of order for me as well

KillaB

We ask No Quarter.....
Established Member
Unless you are talking to the "Order Guy" at the dealership, they just tell you what is normal for most cars. This 2011 Mustang is different. There are tons of orders for these on top of what the dealer orders for stock. When ordering a car like this, you are better off going to a small dealer than a large dealer. The smaller dealer will get the car faster.

stang910

Established Member
Stop being so Impatient , If you really thought it was going to take 4 weeks? you need to have your head checked. Calling another dealer ? What do you think there answer is gonna be ? Mine took 9 weeks to get , Big deal.:sleeping:

I never expected it to take 4 weeks, I don't care if it's gonna take 4 months if thats what I was told. I did however expect the order to at least be placed since its what I was told. I called another dealership to see if I was being lied to or not because I'd much rather deal with someone that's gonna be honest with me. If you thinks its ok to be lied to right in your face maybe you need your head checked.

stang910

Established Member
Unless you are talking to the "Order Guy" at the dealership, they just tell you what is normal for most cars. This 2011 Mustang is different. There are tons of orders for these on top of what the dealer orders for stock. When ordering a car like this, you are better off going to a small dealer than a large dealer. The smaller dealer will get the car faster.

This came directly from the "order guy" at the dealership. The salesman had the day off so he came to help me.

EaterofWorlds

Established Member
My car was delivered to the dealership today (picking up tomorrow)

So yeah 2 months and 1 week from time of order for me as well

I WISH mine was going to come in 9 weeks. Going on week 7 here, and no VIN. Looks more like 12 - 16+ week wait for me. My dealership didn't even give me an order number when I asked for it... no VIN by the end of this week and I'm showing up and demanding the damn DORA. Either Ford's order/delivery system sucks or my dealership sucks. Either way, this whole thing is starting to leave a very bad taste in my mouth.

I can't believe this wait is taking longer than when I ordered my '05. Unbelievable.

Last edited:

stang910

Established Member
I have a buddy that's know's one of the salesmen real good and got the scoop about whats going on with mine. I was right they were out of allocations and my order won't go through until Sept. 16th. So I assume it's gonna be 4-6 weeks after that date. Another dealership that has allocations wants me to order from them and they said it WILL be here in 4 weeks. I'm just gonna wait it out now that I know whats going on.

Users who are viewing this thread