Ordered a Magnaflow Catback & Magnaflow Catted X today

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Can anyone explain why the info can't simply be posted here? Is this some kind of game? :)

Onelfastlride

Established Member
CobraBob,

You guessed it. It's been a big "game" to keep this information part of a secret society. ;-) Just kidding.

Usually people that run forums like these do not allow this type of information to be shared freely unless you are a supporting vendor.

Here it is..............we will see how long it stays.

Here is an email with information.......

Hey … These will be available at this price for a couple of weeks, then we might be raising the price a little, only by $15 or so. Direct all that you can to us! They can email me direct or call the 800#.
Thanks,
Scott
800-772-4185
[email protected] (scott g)

Last edited:

PhilipR

Established Member
This board is about finding information and sharing information about our cars with others. If I came along and said I found so and so shop selling new Kenne Bell blowers for the 2003 Cobra $3000 do you want me to keep the information to my self or let someone else pay more for a certain product that I know they could get some where else and save money? It's nice we have sponsers for the website, but I'am not going to pay more for a product when I know I can get somewhere else cheaper. Sponser or not a sponser.

hockeypuck_74

Established Member
Originally posted by PhilipR
This board is about finding information and sharing information about our cars with others. If I came along and said I found so and so shop selling new Kenne Bell blowers for the 2003 Cobra $3000 do you want me to keep the information to my self or let someone else pay more for a certain product that I know they could get some where else and save money? It's nice we have sponsers for the website, but I'am not going to pay more for a product when I know I can get somewhere else cheaper. Sponser or not a sponser.

He's got a valid point about the vendors, though. Look at the board and there are forums for specific companies. I don't know if they sponsor this site with funds, tech support, or whatnot. If they are expending any time or money to support people on this site (it could be free advice as well) then is it really fair to them?

Anyway, it's not that hard to ask for the information privately. If sending a mail to he that posted his deal is too painful for some, then maybe they don't need to save the money.

Onelfastlride

Established Member
Originally posted by PhilipR

It's funny because I thought I did just that. Shared information that I found and passed it along to help others out.

Being a Lightning owner for the past few years I have seen it time and time again. If you try to do anything that remotely resembles selling of an item with out permision or being a supporting vendor it is often deleted.

Any how, the information is up. My email is listed. There is not much more to be done.

Good luck. My system is sitting at home waiting to be installed.

:beer:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
Can anyone explain why the info can't simply be posted here? Is this some kind of game? :)
Not a game...

Anything can be posted by a member describing their experience with a product. It takes alot of time and $$$ to run a site like this (just ask Steve, aka SweetSVT99, the owner) and the sponsors, that pay for the majority of that, don't want free advertising by competitors...

HTH

BOOOOST

Established Member
Okay, so why not list exactly what you all paid for it then?

If it such an issue then why on earth are specific companies allowed to post here and promote their products and they do not even sponsor the site? I think some rules should be more clear, and favoritism should be tossed out, then the members can see exactly what the Admins here want.

Personally, I don't see where this specific exhaust company is any form of competitor to the current offering of vendors here. And members (without this site there wouldn't be any vendors) shouldn't be so regulated on such topics as this, unless it poses a direct threat to a current vendor, but even then if that vendor feels threatened then they need to diversify their offerings and products more fluently. Success has great rewards, and the best sites are built off of the most successful vendors, as that is major factor in bringing members in; it works both ways!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread