OR H pipe without tune?

EvilSnake

Established Member
I am installing a OR H pipe tomorrow afternoon and hitting the road for a 400 mile trip ASAP. Unfortunately I had asked Justin at VMP if I could update my tune with my MacBook and he did not respond so I figured it wasn't a issue. Well it looks like it is. I have no easy access to non Mac products before I leave... Will running the car without the cat delete tune cause me any problems????

Poppacapp

Established Member
I am installing a OR H pipe tomorrow afternoon and hitting the road for a 400 mile trip ASAP. Unfortunately I had asked Justin at VMP if I could update my tune with my MacBook and he did not respond so I figured it wasn't a issue. Well it looks like it is. I have no easy access to non Mac products before I leave... Will running the car without the cat delete tune cause me any problems????

If you already have a tune on the car with the rear o2 sensors shut off, then you do not need a tune for the off road pipe. The 11-12's with widebands will adapt. Shouldn't need a retune when you put headers on it either.

If your rear o2 sensors are on, then you will get a check engine light.

Last edited:

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Justin and BJ are in Michigan. You need a tune revision. I doubt it will hurt anything if you drove it until you get the tune updated.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Uh.... Phone? We're doing business from the road. If you're in a hurry call us. You'll get a light. No big deal.

But if you have any questions about this please call us

EvilSnake

Established Member
Uh.... Phone? We're doing business from the road. If you're in a hurry call us. You'll get a light. No big deal.

But if you have any questions about this please call us

Uh... Thanks for the info, wasn't in a hurry until last night when I realized the Macbook wasn't going to cut it. Figured you guys were obviously away so I'd just ask on the forum.

Poppacapp

Established Member
My tune already had the rear o2s off so when I gutted my cats I didnt have to change a thing.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Uh... Thanks for the info, wasn't in a hurry until last night when I realized the Macbook wasn't going to cut it. Figured you guys were obviously away so I'd just ask on the forum.

We don't close when we are on the road.

Users who are viewing this thread