Opportunity to relocate to another country - California

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
Riverside really isn't great. Not bad, but not great.
Fire-arms- don't bother trying to register
Dog- dog is good, the county might need some paperwork on the dog (just in case it gets lost they know who it belongs to), very easy.
Cobra- not going to pass smog
3000GT- not going to pass smog
Taco will pass.

Hope this helps.

/\ That.

To put it in perspective OP, I was willing to walk away from a $200k a year job to get out of Cali. Luckily I worked out a deal with management where I could do my job from Oklahoma.

Zemedici

Established Member
@Corbic Dude, unless your salary is doubling, don't do it. Even then, kiss your freedoms goodbye. Sure, you can find a friendly smog guy, but those are fewer and fewer. Cops can pull you over and dissect your car.

Sell all your guns, wont be legal in CA, especially if they are on the banned by name lists. Check out calguns.org

Sell your dog. Youll be hard pressed to find a landlord or apt that will take you. The stigma is real.

Some pro's? Good looking girls, and a lot to choose from. If youre attractive. You can still get laid, but youll have to work for it if youre fugly. Lots of the girls have snob attitudes in LA/OC.

Weather near the coast is nice. You'll be frying in Riverside most of the year so no weather bonus.

Traffic is ungodly up there in LA/east IE. **** that. every day? kill me.

As someone who escaped that place after living in OC for 3 years then San Diego for nearly 7 years don't move there. If you need to get the hell out of where you are at, look at Texas. If you want a drier sunnier place look in Phoenix. Yes, its hot in the summer. Same as Riverside/IE in SoCal. But Northern AZ is really nice in the summer. And its a 2.5 hour drive away.

Difference?

Awesome gun laws, lax emissions laws. And its WAAYYY cheaper than California. If you NEED a California fix, its 5-6 hours west. Visit, don't move to SoCal.

Choose well and good luck.

Sincerely,

-A former California resident who go out just in time

bro what...you're complaining about the girls being stuck up.....? Is this real life?

It seems California was not right for YOU. That does not mean it would not work for anyoneelse, though.

You missed the main point why many would be interested in the state, the beach? How's the surfing in Arizona.....? hahahahaha

I understand some of your points, but some of them are beyond unreasonable. Atlanta traffic is the worst on this side of the Mississippi, and I've daily driven in it (with 6 speed manuals for 10+ years, aside from my now vehicle, my truck). *shrugs*

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
@Zemedici Nah, its a different level of stuck up dude. Im sure The south has its fair share of women who... think highly of themselves. They don't have shit on modern California girls. I did meet some decent women there. Not saying its not there. Its just not common.

I could give a shit about surfing, lol. Literally had Zero interest in the activity. So the surfing in Arizona is absolutely perfect for me.

I agree that for some, California is a paradise. It might just be Corbic's cup of tea. Then again the mass exodus of people leaving seem to indicate I wasn't the only one to see an issue with the state.

Zemedici

Established Member
@Zemedici Nah, its a different level of stuck up dude. Im sure The south has its fair share of women who... think highly of themselves. They don't have shit on modern California girls. I did meet some decent women there. Not saying its not there. Its just not common.

I could give a shit about surfing, lol. Literally had Zero interest in the activity. So the surfing in Arizona is absolutely perfect for me.

I agree that for some, California is a paradise. It might just be Corbic's cup of tea. Then again the mass exodus of people leaving seem to indicate I wasn't the only one to see an issue with the state.

I gotcha. tbh there's very few snobby women here, but TONS in Florida where we frequent.

Were you born in CA?

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I gotcha. tbh there's very few snobby women here, but TONS in Florida where we frequent.

They're everywhere. You can pretty much thank social media for creating it. Every girl thinks they're a super hot fitness model and want to be treated like queens.

Get yourself a country girl

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
agreed, social media has spread the Thunder**** disorder like wildfire.

When people ask me if I have social media and I tell them no, I get looked at like I live in a third world country.
My girl showed me some random girls Instagram account and this slob had a beer gut and stretch marks all over her and she had no lie about 100 pictures of herself half naked in these poses like she was god's gift to man kind. It's really brain washed people.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
When people ask me if I have social media and I tell them no, I get looked at like I live in a third world country.
My girl showed me some random girls Instagram account and this slob had a beer gut and stretch marks all over her and she had no lie about 100 pictures of herself half naked in these poses like she was god's gift to man kind. It's really brain washed people.

It’s given everyone a pedestal and their 15 minutes. These platforms do nothing but stroke egos and feed the narcissistic monster inside people.

Zemedici

Established Member
They're everywhere. You can pretty much thank social media for creating it. Every girl thinks they're a super hot fitness model and want to be treated like queens.

Get yourself a country girl

my girls form San Jose....hahahaha

just gotta know how to handle em ;)

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
It’s given everyone a pedestal and their 15 minutes. These platforms do nothing but stroke egos and feed the narcissistic monster inside people.

Yep, but there's always those guys who feed the beasts and their 15 minutes turn into a lifetime of feeling entitled. Then those girls wake up one morning in their mid 40's, divorced with nothing to show for themselves and resort to staring in the latest episode of mompov ;)

my girls form San Jose....hahahaha

just gotta know how to handle em ;)

oh I can handle them alright lmfao

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
i thought you were a person of principle and stood by your morals and couldn't be bought.

guess i was wrong.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
LMFAO, I envy that dude

he's one lucky mother****er, smashing broken hoes and making bank.

make-it-rain-dollars.gif

jrandy

Established Member
I'm not really sure a net 2.5% drop is considered an mass exodus.

Further, the trend is that the low income citizens are moving out while higher income, more educated are moving in.

TX, AZ, and NV are getting all our dumb dumbs :D

Families with kids and those with only a high school education predominate among those moving from California to its top destination states (Texas, Arizona, and Nevada). College-educated 18 to 35 year olds led the way among those moving to California from its top feeder states (New York, Illinois, and New Jersey).

Migration among certain demographic groups also differs from the state’s general pattern. Although California has had net out-migration among most demographic groups, it has gained among those with higher incomes ($110,000 per year or more) and higher levels of education (graduate degrees).

California Losing Residents Via Domestic Migration [EconTax Blog]

Klay

Established Member
{Half -Joking} So wait, if you can't remove the magazine, no forward grip, then how is it an "Assault Rifle".

{Genuine Curiosity} What does the Sheriff have to do with a CCW? Is it only good in that county? Here you get a finger print card (from Goodwill), mail a package to the capital with like $75 and if you record is clean you get a permit for life or until you commit a crime. It's recognized just about everywhere as well.

From my understanding, the sherriff of the county you live is the one who approves a ccw. It would be good for the whole state though, not just that county.

Are you free and clear then? I recall hearing about cops issuing tickets and impounding cars that look modified. It's honestly really strange to me since California is seen as the Tuning capital of America.

I guess that can happen but its not something that happens frquently in my experience. Almost every car I've owned has been modified and only once was I pulled over for it. The cop said I had a modified exhaust and it is illegal to modify a car in California. Of course, that is completely false. The modification must be CARB compliant, which mine was at that time (cat back exhaust). I explained that to him, which made him look puzzled (must have been a rookie). He let me off with a warning. Never had an issue after that

Will do.

The area you said you would live in will get very hot. I'm not a fan of palm springs for that reason. You won't get to really see the beauty of California living in that area (unless you really like the desert). It gets very hot during the summer, like 110-120 hot.

As for whether you have to register your car here, to be legal the answer is yes. However, I had a friend who lived here 6 years that was from Michigan and he never registered his vehicle here. He still had a placed he owned in Michigan, so that was his primary residence.

nxhappy

Established Member
this state is so ****ed up. Do NOT move here. ESPECIALLY SFO area/LAX area.

Users who are viewing this thread