Opinions

Blown04GT

No, it's not a GT
Established Member
that's tough man. Try cleaning it off really well, put some dye in the oil and get a black light on it. I know it's old school but it may work. If it was leaking oil from the head, wouldn't the compression be a little low? Maybe a compression test would rule out the head. dunno man....

grey trmn8r

Established Member
I threw some dye in it and its hard to get the UV light up there and see. The dye doesnt show up that well. I can try the compression test but I doubt its lost any because the leak is so slow.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I've seen several cases where the oil filter housing becomes loose, causing oil leaking. And looks like the oil filter's right there. Check it out.......

grey trmn8r

Established Member
Yeah Ive read that alot on here. I cleaned up every thing and thats the only place I can see oil coming from so I'm pretty sure its not the oil filter adapter.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The folks here are doing their best, but it is kind of hard to diagnose a small leak based on one pic. Why not just take it to a shop and have them look at it? That would likely work out much better than people guessing what it might be and not being able to see it with their own eyes. JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread