Opinions wanted!

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Do what YOUR most comfortable with don't worry about what everyone else thinks as you know your own financial situation we don't and its none of our business.

Build you a nice blown GT and roll past the GT500 - :burnout:

BUCKET

Established Member
Gtr. Comes with gtr tax,
Cost of modifying it is 30% more than the mustang. My boy has an alpha 12 and for everything I do vs what he does. Add a zero to the end amount. Lol. But it's a blast to ride in.

Gradyh

WTB MY21/22 order
Established Member
Do what YOUR most comfortable with don't worry about what everyone else thinks as you know your own financial situation we don't and its none of our business.

Build you a nice blown GT and roll past the GT500 - :burnout:
One of the best replies so far.

I was looking to fellow gear heads, not financial advisers. I already have one of those.

SVTORANGE

Established Member

I was looking to fellow gear heads, not financial advisers. I already have one of those.

Thanks I really appreciate that.

I hate when you ask for constructive critism and everyone thinks they know how your money flows.

I ran into the same issue with my ZR1 purchase - LMAO

Good luck with whatever you decide to do just show some pics of your final decision and let the MODS begin

lovebread

Established Member
Given your car and mods put into it do you feel it was worth it or would you rather invest time and money in something else?

Carpe Diem mother****ers.

If I had to do it again I probably would have started with a 302 and been happy with full bolt ons and a miata/s2000/throwaround car (track day bro).

With the amount of hours I've worked over the last year+ the cost didn't really impact me as much as I thought. Currently using a betterment profile to offset/justify stupid things like tire purchases, the blower, etc.

As much as I don't want to say it, if you have to ask if buying a GT-R might not be the best idea you probably shouldn't be buying a GT-R.

Gradyh

WTB MY21/22 order
Established Member
Carpe Diem mother****ers.

If I had to do it again I probably would have started with a 302 and been happy with full bolt ons and a miata/s2000/throwaround car (track day bro).

With the amount of hours I've worked over the last year+ the cost didn't really impact me as much as I thought. Currently using a betterment profile to offset/justify stupid things like tire purchases, the blower, etc.

As much as I don't want to say it, if you have to ask if buying a GT-R might not be the best idea you probably shouldn't be buying a GT-R.

It all comes down to how much I am willing to pay to play. I know the costs and time associated with a GT-R, Just wanted to know what others thought.

lovebread

Established Member
Time to wheel out the spreadsheet.

I picked the car up off my friend for 25.5k with 11.5k on the clock w/ STR.T/Ultralights and AMR wheels package. 1.73% APR through Penfed. I still need another 1200 bux in tires and suspension alignment, probably c&c plates too.

Part Cost
Boss Intake Manifold $425
Air Raid PJ Intake $425
Kooks Super Street Headers $599
Lethal Performance Mustang 2-3/4" T304 S.S. GEN2 Over Axle Pipes $349.95 -$69.49 Loyalty Discount $580.45
Lethal Performance 2011 5.0L Mustang GT 3" Offroad H-pipe $299.99
2012 GT500 Mufflers $200

MGW shifter w/ heat shield and composite knob $369
Accufab 84.5 TB - (350) SOLD -$35
Roush Axle Back -$300 SOLD
Tokico D-Spec Adjustable Strut & Shocks $400
Steeda Adjustable UCA $125
Steeda UCA Mount $120
BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar $120
BMR Pan Hard Support Brace $70
BMR LCA relocation brackets $160
Painted Boss Strut Tower Brace $125
GT/CS facade and fogs $225
Weathertech front mats $85
SCT Tuner $250
Saleen S182 Grill $205
BBR Billet Antenna $20
Fuel Rail Covers $100
Hood Struts and JLT oil separator $65 -$75 Sold JLT
Infinity Reference 6832cf + harness adapter $60
N/A Install $1821
Dyno Tune $450
Beefcake Special Paxton Kit (2200SL, ID1000, Roush BAP) $5029
Vortech Intake $150
Steeda Bumpsteer Kit and Steeda X11 Ball Joints $372.63
Roush Vent Pod and Aeroforce Gauge $200
JPC Paxton Tank and Paxton T Bolt Kit $260
NGK 6510 spark plugs $80
V1 Blendmount $50
AED S/C Tune $440
Vortech RACE BOV $279
Total w/ misc parts for maint/repair ~$12600.

Last edited:

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Money is definitely an issue....He is currently in debt.

I know people hate me on here for saying stuff like I'm about to say but I don't care and these threads are so stupid. We are just reading someone's day dreams. In 9 months you will be debt free lol...In 30 years I will own my house too...You talk about being debt free then talk about buying expensive cars, what a joke. We are so jacked up in this country and our priorities are so out of whack.

And if you do decide to make one of the larger purchases in your life currently the last thing to do is take other people's advice..Make the decision, it's your money.

Why don't you post back in 9 months I want to see if you are still on schedule to be debt free...It's so laughable. I can see you sending out your last payment then heading to the dealer ship to buy a big boy car and starting over again....Cars really are status symbols and really only showoff how much money you can afford to throw away because you never see that money again lol. If you are blowing large portions of your paycheck on a car you will never get ahead, it's so self destructive financially. And I like cars. It's just so ridiculous that you state how you will be debt free in the not so near future then say how the next move is to buy a really expensive car, makes me sick lol

Put the money that you got from my federal withholding for your sign on bonus in the bank and do something constructive with it please

And I never give thanks to vets when I see them until they thank me for all the taxes I provide for them and staying home and going to my job that makes this country work while they are away playing G.I Joe

I like where this thread is going…

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
You can get a decent mileage '11 GT500 for around 40k.

Missed out on one with 20k miles for 37.7k, that had the SVTPP.

Guess it depends on what you want to do with the car.

SteveChris

Established Member

This happens all the time with people on here, you post you details, say you're in debt, then ask for advice about buying a new car or keeping your old one.
Then you get mad when people tell you to do the option you don't want for financial reasons.

If you don't want that then do not add that you are married and in debt.

Because people will say what I would say, keep your current car. If you are in debt then you cannot afford a new expensive car with mods on top.

If you're going to do what you want either way, then why bother asking??

You should not be asking us, you should talk to your wife before you throw your family into debt again over some car.

usnfenix

GM recall advisor
Established Member
Put the money that you got from my federal withholding for your sign on bonus in the bank and do something constructive with it please

And I never give thanks to vets when I see them until they thank me for all the taxes I provide for them and staying home and going to my job that makes this country work while they are away playing G.I Joe

you better check your facts before you start posting crap like this bud, ive been in over 7 years and re-enlisted twice, never got any sign on bonus or heard anyhting of it. being in over 7 years ive met hundreds, thousands of other military personell. ive never met anyone that got a sign on bonus. the whole assumption of sign on bonuses came from years ago when they used to do it. nowadays the government has gotten at least intelligent enough to realize you cant give 10k to everyone who signs on. so enlistment bonuses and whatnot have been gone for a long time bud. the only people getting them are the rates and MOS's that are extremely difficult or needed jobs. such as SEAL, or SWCC, or rescue swimmer. you know, the guy that saves your ass when youve been drinking to much on your buddys boat and fall off complaining about how you "pay taxes to us". FYI, we arnt tax exempt. i pay federal and state taxes just like you do. i file for a tax return jsut like you do. what do i get back? 300 bucks on average. do i complain about it? no. in fact i have more taxes comming out of my pay than you do. we get a yearly 1% pay raise, and starting salary in the navy is less than 20k a year. you can do better flipping burgers at mcdonalds. ive been in over 7 years and still make barely 45k a year. congressmen make more, doctors make more, lawyers make more. and IM NOT COMPLAINING.

and not saying thanks to us? wow, we need your thanks so much, denying it to us is doing us a real big blow. i dont know how we will recover. ignorant people like you are what is bad in this country. complaining like little girls about how we "play army" while they "do the real work at home". keep playing housewife then bud.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Money is definitely an issue....He is currently in debt.

I know people hate me on here for saying stuff like I'm about to say but I don't care and these threads are so stupid. We are just reading someone's day dreams. In 9 months you will be debt free lol...In 30 years I will own my house too...You talk about being debt free then talk about buying expensive cars, what a joke. We are so jacked up in this country and our priorities are so out of whack.

And if you do decide to make one of the larger purchases in your life currently the last thing to do is take other people's advice..Make the decision, it's your money.

Why don't you post back in 9 months I want to see if you are still on schedule to be debt free...It's so laughable. I can see you sending out your last payment then heading to the dealer ship to buy a big boy car and starting over again....Cars really are status symbols and really only showoff how much money you can afford to throw away because you never see that money again lol. If you are blowing large portions of your paycheck on a car you will never get ahead, it's so self destructive financially. And I like cars. It's just so ridiculous that you state how you will be debt free in the not so near future then say how the next move is to buy a really expensive car, makes me sick lol

Away playing GIjoe? While I've been away playing war games in that child's mind of yours I've missed countless holidays, birthdays, funerals, and other major life events. I don't asked to be thanked but you should at least take a moment to reflect how many have given their lives so you have the FREEDOM to be an ignorant asshat.

Users who are viewing this thread