Opinions on what I will run tonight?

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I was just wondering.... because with reaction times like those, you wont win a damn race. lol

LOL yeah 1 sec reaction time is pretty bad but hey no one is perfect :beer:. His other one wasnt bad at all (depending on how your track measures the reaction time). I hate bracking racing for the part that the last car to take off tends to do better most of the time (since they are trying to catch up to the other one). While the one in the front doesnt feel threatened so plays it cool. I know this since ive been there and seen this happen, doesnt apply to everyone though some love this racing :beer:

Mach1Chick

Wanna Race?
Established Member
LOL yeah 1 sec reaction time is pretty bad but hey no one is perfect :beer:. His other one wasnt bad at all (depending on how your track measures the reaction time). I hate bracking racing for the part that the last car to take off tends to do better most of the time (since they are trying to catch up to the other one). While the one in the front doesnt feel threatened so plays it cool. I know this since ive been there and seen this happen, doesnt apply to everyone though some love this racing :beer:

That would be me!! haha

You just got to learn to race like that. There are advantages for starting first and second, and they both equal out. It's a lot of fun and keeps you on your toes because you HAVE to be familiar with your car and what it does in every situation when it comes to weather, track conditions, who you are racing, etc.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
All I have to back it up is years of brackets and trying different things and KNOWING I've NEVER run a quicker ET shifting below redline in any car.

:beer:

I probably have a few thousand less passes than you at the strip (haha) but I have always had the best luck shifting at redline... unfortunately as a side effect I have also slapped the rev limiter more times than anyone I know while trying to make a pass. :bash:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I honestly cannot stand bracket racing. No offense.

x2... and i've pulled a few .001 ~ .003 R/Ts... (on accident).. otherwise I don't give a crap about R/T... I go to the track to run my best and unless the guy next to me wants to run me for bragging rights I don't even care what they running.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
It has been my understanding that lower 60' times equals less time on the track, therefore less MPH through the traps? True?

I don't think it's concrete fact but I do believe that it happens more often than not. The manner in which you launch makes a difference too I believe. My MPH has dropped on most of my runs when I got a better 60ft... but in several cases it increased when I had a lower 60ft. I was changing launch methods trying to find the best rpm to launch from and it the MPH was all over the place regardless of what way my 60ft actually ended up going.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
No we don't plan to bracket race. I know that K doesn't enjoy bracket racing. He is just driving my car at the track until I feel comfortable enough to go down the track. I can drive the hell out of my car anywhere else...just something about the track makes me nervous.
You're not hte only one nervous...I had butterflies every time. Lots of fun though.....ONce you get past your first time, You'll get addicted..trust us.
:beer:

I probably have a few thousand less passes than you at the strip (haha) but I have always had the best luck shifting at redline... unfortunately as a side effect I have also slapped the rev limiter more times than anyone I know while trying to make a pass. :bash:
This coming from the dork that ran a 13.2 with 310/340.:lol::beer: (J/K)

seriously though..different power bands and gearing. The T56 has closer gears and the LS1 has a different band...nto to mention a lower redline. :beer:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
This coming from the dork that ran a 13.2 with 310/340.:lol::beer: (J/K)

seriously though..different power bands and gearing. The T56 has closer gears and the LS1 has a different band...nto to mention a lower redline. :beer:

It was a 13.19 unless we all started rounding 1/4 times :rolling::lol:

I get you though.. was just trying to compare. :beer:

deec73

Established Member
It has been my understanding that lower 60' times equals less time on the track, therefore less MPH through the traps? True?

If that was the case, a minivan running 20 sec 1/4 mile times with a 3.0 60ft would have a higher mph than a 10 sec stang with a 1.5 60ft lol...

Stopsign32v

Established Member
If that was the case, a minivan running 20 sec 1/4 mile times with a 3.0 60ft would have a higher mph than a 10 sec stang with a 1.5 60ft lol...

Exactly, it is a myth. Look at the supercharged C6 that I raced. He was on street tires and I'm sure he had major traction issues and he ran close to what the car would have run stock. According to this theory he should have ran around 160mph.

dpb21

Banned
Dont mean to step on any toes, (please dont mock my post count as that only counts the amount of time on the forum :) )

I agree with your lower shift points on the mach, looks like some good passes. I've seen 107 on a mach with just a filter, but thats different track, etc. I would have to respectfully disagree about the spinning though. Spinning does result in a higher trap speed within reason ofcourse. When I refer to 'spinning' I'm basically just referring to keeping yourself from dead hooking on the line and bogging down. Just as you can usually get a much better launch of a car by feathering the clutch out as opposed to side-stepping on the clutch. allows the car to keep the rev's near the power band as opposed to bogging way down. I was running nitrous on drag radials and when I would hook I would trap in the 115 range, and when I would spin a little coming out, I would be in the 117 range. I'm sure I could dig up the slips here somewhere. I by no means say to jag the car sideways on the launch or roll smoke off the tires in 1st, thats not quicker by any strech of the imagination.

btw, nice times in the mach

Users who are viewing this thread