Opinions on what I will run tonight?

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Today is opening night at the track for Test N Tune so I plan to run. The car is a 5 speed Mach 1 with mods..

JLT RAI
1/2" spacer
MGW shifter
MAC catback
O/R H pipe

The car has no tune, I plan to put alittle race gas in it at the track, and I will be running Nitto DRs but not leaving the line hard because of stock axles.

So opinions on what it will run? I'm taking the video camera so I will post up the video when I get back tonight. :beer:

blecoupe89

Sprayin for 10's
Established Member
13.65...just a wild guess...depends if you can get it out of the hole or not..:banana:

20stang02

Established Member
The real question is why the hell are you putting race gas in it? If its not tuned for it, the car will run no better, if not a tad slower

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
If you can't hit a 12 second pass it's time to let someone else drive it.

Haha, okay.

I think you should run mid to low 13's but, your first run will probly be high 13's. Goodluck and I hope you have fun. I can't wait to hit the track this spring.

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
13.2 to 13.5 depending on how well you hook up. Oh and I wouldn't put any race gas in. Its kind of a waste at this point.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
The only reason for the race gas was because with the bolt ons and no tune the car is probably running on the lean side. With this car NOT being mine I wanted to be extra careful I did not blow a hole in a piston.

It took 2 hours to get through the staging lanes and I managed to get one run in. No one that night was hooking up. Alot of nitrous/cammed LS1s were there on sticky tires and none of them ran faster than 12 flat. It didn't even look like the track was prepped. :nonono: I went up expecting to run no better than 13.5. To help I dropped the air pressure down to 11psi and tried to melt the tires in the burnout box. Proof is below... :kaboom:

I was lined up next to a modded C6, me left lane/him right lane. Video is uploading..

machtime.jpg

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I see 4.6pimp is viewing this thread. This is the Mach you wanted to run. You shoulda came out last night man, we coulda lined them up.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Here is the video. Don't mind at the end, g/f was video taping and it was her first time.

th_20090307220434.jpg

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Pretty nice K considering stock tune and crappy track setup. Get a custom tune (you know me, I'mma beat that into your head... :lol: ) and be 12s @ ~107-108.

Don't make me PM her and scare her into doing it....ROFLMMFAO!!

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Speaking of which we are actually going to tune it in about 2 weeks. :beer:

4.6pimp

Established Member
I see 4.6pimp is viewing this thread. This is the Mach you wanted to run. You shoulda came out last night man, we coulda lined them up.

I would love to to have been there. What track is that anyway? How far is it from columbia? We run similar mph, I traped 105 at darlington but only 81 in the 1/8th mile. I will be going to darlington Wednesday so I will see what she is doing! I think there is a 12 in that car with a tune!!

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I would love to to have been there. What track is that anyway? How far is it from columbia? We run similar mph, I traped 105 at darlington but only 81 in the 1/8th mile. I will be going to darlington Wednesday so I will see what she is doing! I think there is a 12 in that car with a tune!!

Its Atlanta Dragway in Commerce GA. Not too far from Columbia. I hope she runs good for you at Darlington!!! :rockon: Post up the results.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Speaking of which we are actually going to tune it in about 2 weeks. :beer:

LOL! No need to scare me into anything. State taxes going towards the tune. Maybe some 4.10 gears before the tune! :D We will see...

Glad to hear it guys. And Glad you called before going yesterday......:beer: I was at work though, so sorry I didn't ahve time to BS. Not that you had the time either.

Oh, and I'd go with 28 hardned mosiers if you can. (~$225)

Last edited:

ImMACHnU03

I race in Heels!
Established Member
Oh, and I'd go with 28 hardned mosiers if you can. (~$225)

Already ahead of you friend. :beer: We decided that when the 4.10s go in the aftermarket 28 splines will go in. However I think I am going to go with some Moser axles instead of the Mosiers you like. :poke: :lol: Thhhhhen I will be putting on my 17x10.5 wheels and the 335 Hoosier DRs. :coolman:

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
nice run you had him until the 1000 mark looks like. were those street tires? burning street tires like that doesnt help any but i guess it looks cool. put some radials on that thing and dump the clutch youll get a 12 sec pass easy.

Users who are viewing this thread