Opinions on value of my Cobra?

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Well the story is long with this one, a lot of memories in it. Its my 99 Cobra that I procharged. The motor is a Teskid block with JE pistons in it, Manley H beam rods, Eagle forged crank (my stock one got trashed and this one was found at a good deal), oversized valves in the heads, and blue Ford GT valve covers. The motor has MAYBE 500 miles on it and one day it got an air pocket in the coolant system due to my stupidity and it overheated. The car still ran fine after that only the coolant system would not hold the coolant and it would come out of the coolant tank. Spoke with several shops about it and they all said the same thing, popped head gasket. Anyways I will throw down some specs below and I need to sell it as I have no room for a 3rd car but I have no idea what to ask.

-teskid block
-manley H beam rods
-eagle forged crank
-JE pistons
-Aromotive return fuel system
-Sumped fuel tank
-31 spline Moser rear
-31 Spline Moser axles
-Solid axle housing bought new from Ford
-4.30 gears
-Real Saleen body kit, not knock off
-Real 00R hood, not knock off

The car no longer has a procharger setup and it is missing the lower intake. Also it has a Ford F150 (I believe?) 8 rib pulley conversion. It is a dark blue with pearl blue ghost flames. I know that isn't for everyone but it is what it is. The paint could use a clear and one of the fenders had a spot of paint come up. Nothing major for someone knowing body work I'm told. Just wanted to be honest though.

Anyways what are some opinions on what I should ask for it?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Mileage and pics would help. Fixing the head gasket would put you money ahead. Guys will factor in more than a head gasket if you sell it with current story.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
So many variables....most will look at this and place value with no engine as at this point the entire thing would come out anyway and be re-freshed.
Having paint issues as well...if rest of car is truly good condition with receipts,,,4500-6000 dependent on miles.

That's what it would be worth to me

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Welcome back op, I miss reading your posts!

I know you said you don't have room for a 3rd, but you will be back with another car to mod and drive fast. Question is what do you have you sights set on, even if it is in the back of your mind...

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
So it's got parts on it from other vehicles, repainted, different engine, probably high miles, and needs some TLC?

Maybe 3500-4000.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Thanks for the replies, sorry guys the car as a whole has 71,000 miles on it and like I said, the motor has maybe 500.

I'd love to fix it but it is a bad time to do it. I have no room at my house to do the work, can't afford to have someone else do it. It is sitting at the in-laws house and they say it can't stay there anymore.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
From what I remember years ago your car was very nice, the ghost flames looked killer. There's no possibility at all of fixing the head gasket then selling? If not I think the 5-6k mentioned may be on point.

mcaligiuri

Established Member
In that condition Id say $2000. It doesnt have factory bumpers, body looks hurt, 16" wheels, and that motor is in pieces, thats my opinion.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
If that car was in perfect factory condition with 71k miles your looking in the area of $10k maybe low teens. How much would it take to get it that shape? I'd say it's worth $2-3k.

MysticRob

Established Member
The fact the engine is 'built' doesn't mean much if it's not repaired first. There could be other problems besides a popped head gasket, like warped heads, etc, causing others problems. I don't see any extra cash derived there. Did yours go through the recall? ECM probably has a custom tune for the now-missing ProCharger but at least you could load the post-recall stock tune for whoever buys it.

Car also has those horrible V-6 wheels on it, and a flat tire. Where are the original wheels? Is the tire bad or can it be repaired?

99 Cobras have factory GT f/r seats so there's nothing special about the interior besides the IP. That said, it looks to be in good shape. The exterior Saleen kit isn't for everyone either, so it may hurt the value more than help. Same goes for that hood and flames (thankfully they're hard to see). If you have the original trim pieces I'd put them all back on. Get a kit for the headlights and polish them back up, it'll make a ton of difference.

With the car the way it sits, I'd be surprised if you got anything close to $3k, and that's if you can prove the engine has all those performance parts you mentioned, and somebody wants to take a flyer on them. That's because buying a non-running vehicle that has missing parts (and possibly entire cooling system) will take a lot of money to get back on the road.

Good luck with the sale, and please let us know how it goes!

Last edited:

Massie02GT

Established Member
What do you mean "your stupidity" put an air pocket in the cooling system?

After reading it all and seeing the car, I have to agree that 2k would be a stretch. It sounds like you beat it to hell and back and now are stuck with a basically non-functional car. You may as well part out the aftermarket pieces such as the hood and Saleen kit, put things back to stock, and accept the first 2k offer you get.

I'll give you 1500 today the way it sits.

Users who are viewing this thread