Opinions on interior trim

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
Ok guys I am looking for an opinion on what you would do with this. My buddy has an 03 gt platinum or premium whatever they are called. Now in his car the ac bezel and the shifter bezel and a silver color and it breaks up the interior a bit. I like it. I was thinking of finding some pieces at a junk yard and painting them to match and see how I like it in the cobra. I was thinking ac bezel, window switch and lock bezels and the door handle themselves. I dont want to have to paint my pieces then not like to look so I am going to check out the local junkyard this weekend. Thoughts on how this would look? I think it would give a more modern look to the car, and might help break up the interior some.

This is the color of the bezel Im talking about. Its a dark silver, so it doesnt stand out too bad.

IMAG0062.jpg
[/URL]

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think it might look good. I would say definitely go ahead and try it. And if you don't like it or want to go back to the factory color, you can just re-install the factory pieces you're saving. If you proceed, post photos of the before and after.

Black2010

Established Member
I'm doing the same thing but am trying it out with plasti dip. I've done emblems and wheels with really good results so we'll see how the interior pieces come out. Looks bad I can just peel it off.

With paint, be sure to prep that really well. It's not as simple as just cleaning it and painting it. Paint on those plastic pieces can peel off real easy (especially old used parts).

Zemedici

Established Member
Why not just have them powdercoated? Or you could hydrodip them any pattern/color you could imagine. I feel the plastidip on the interior will look cheap.

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
I'm just going to paint mine with some spray paint. The point of this is to be cheap, in case I don't like the look.

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
Ok so the junk yard only had the passenger door window switch bezel piece. I couldnt find a very dark shade of silver, I did get one to test it and I actually like it. It is kind of bright, would be great on a silver car for sure. I also contemplated a grey that matches the seats, kind of how the 10ths have the red inserts to match the seats. But so far I am going to see how I like the silver. I am now on the hunt to try to find the other pieces I want. My buddy says paint the handle bezel, not the actual door handle itself. The handles on the newer cars are silver, not the bezel. I am leaning towards painting the handle.

IMAG0066_1.jpg

IMAG0065_1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread