Opinions on Heat/Sound Deadner

bwahl602

Established Member
Ive done a lot of research on this. It is the plan for this winter for my mach..

Im going with products mostly from Second Skin Automotive Insulation. Im gonna spray the Sectrum undercoating underneath the car and use a combination of damplifier mat and Luxury Liner on the interior under the carpet. Im expecting noticeable results.
They also sell a thermal block sheet you could use to block heat. I think the combination of other products will be enough..

Primarily, Im gonna be attacking the backside of the plastic panels with this stuff. Of course, the floor plan will be done.

Expect to shell out $500 or more to get good noticeable results. This is defininitely an area where "you get what you pay for"

Do it once and do it right. I might actually drop my trans so that I can spray the whole trans tunnel

Again, AVOID asphault based products..

Also, the cheaper products are cheaper for a reason. You will find that they dont stick well and are always thinner than the more expensive products.

Good luck

Bill

Avoid anything asphault based. Period.

cobracide

Established Member
Remove/modify/replace your hood vents. My very open Fore hood vents prevented that heat buildup under the dash in the interior on hot summer days. YES - even past 100" ambient with the ac on max! Not sure if those FORE parts are still available.

4479259306_032a586b38_m.jpg

Last edited:

termin80r

Established Member
always used B-Quiet sound deadner, it works great! and it is alot cheaper than dynomat, and alot thicker. this is the only product i use for this.

SVTDice

Established Member
+1 On the Fore hood vents. My legs don't get toasty like some other people have reported. You'd be surprised on what removing the fire blanket + Aftermarket hood vents will do.

old ford guy

Established Member
I installed dynamat from firewall to and including the trunk. Also covered rear wheel wells and inside of doors.

Next applied Tac Mat ( a foam like dynamat product ) from firewall to rear of front seat area.

Also put TacMat under roof head liner.

Installed in heat of summer, the dynamat cut easy and conformed to shapes without much effort.

TacMat was applied with 3M spray adhesive.

Heat was suppressed and road noise was cut probably 50%. The TacMat on the roof eliminated the crazy thumping in a heavy rain.

Can hear the tunes much clearer (old ears) and can decipher (if it pleases me) what the little lady is sharing !

Very pleased but did add a few pounds. Installed sub frame connectors and 6 point roll bar at same time, all this together removed lots of little sounds I had come to ignore over time.

black 10th vert

Established Member
^^make sure you take pics for us please! Have fun removing the factory sound deadner...took me hours

I know you keep talking about removing the factory sound deadener, but why did you bother to do that? I would think that adding a sound deadener over the factory stuff would just make it that much more effective than just the aftermarket stuff alone.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread