Opinions on future career options?

The Grey Beast

Established Member
Well i'm 17 years old goin into my senior year of highschool and i no longer know what id like to do...ive lately been considering some type of career in the car industry (mechanics etc.) Do any of you guys know how big my chance of success would be of becoming successful in this type of career?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Well i'm 17 years old goin into my senior year of highschool and i no longer know what id like to do...ive lately been considering some type of career in the car industry (mechanics etc.) Do any of you guys know how big my chance of success would be of becoming successful in this type of career?

Nobody knows you or your work ethic and drive, as well as what you are willing to give up to become successful. Therefore, no one can answer that for you.

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
With anything you get what you put into it. If you fly straight, work hard, and do the right thing there is no reason why you shouldn't succeed in anything you do.

-Eric

Slinger01

Established Member
That depends on what you consider "successful". Also,finding a mechanic job that pays decent is hard to come by.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member

All the above posts stand true. If you like machines why not F16's, Apache's, etc...If you like cars I think you would like aircraft as well. Could net you more income and locations. Not bashing auto mechanics at all they make great living also. Interesting would be the predators. Wish I could work on those AVI/ELE systems.

The Grey Beast

Established Member
Well i mean im just wondering like is there good chances for a job earning good money in that job area? I understand none of ya really know me and such, but ill give a summary, i can pretty well succeed in somethin if i set my mind to it and it is somewhat fun to me, im ranked first in my class, so i can kinda go to any college in state at least, field is pretty well wide open for me as far as possible careers, i mean i could go any direction practically

I previously had wanted to be a civil engineer, but i kind of lost interest in that

But i mean if you guys have some suggestions on careers shoot em at me (serious stuff only please haha)

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
If you are seriously ranked first in your class, and you want to work on cars for a living... you are wasting a lot of scholarship money. If that is what you want to do for a living and you think that is what will make you happy, more power to you. First in my class went to Princeton and I live in a small town. Judging by your typing skills, you are far from first in your class, unless you mean automotive class. Good luck, and keep your eyes open for opportunities. Everyone on this site has made plenty of mistakes, and you will probably do the same. Just know everything will come out ok.

Last edited:

Last

Established Member
if you are ranked first in your class, you should go be an engineer. work on cars as a hobby. My Mom is a Civil Engineer, when she started school they were the best paid engineers. Now they are not. If you want the best paying job in automobiles, go work on body and paint, but honestly you should use your mind, rather than your body to make your money.

Edit: Your post does not translate to a top ranked student's post.

Last edited:

The Grey Beast

Established Member
Judging by your typing skills, you are far from first in your class, unless you mean automotive class. QUOTE]

Last- Edit: Your post does not translate to a top ranked student's post.

It's a forums site? not a report or graded essay, it's not too big of a deal i find to worry about how professional a forums post looks, im deffinately first in my class

And im just wondering if there is any money in the car industry or not, no need to be rude about it, just asking and trying to find what may be the best career route for me to take, i dont want a job that i have to go to work everyday miserable and hate my life, that is just not my idea of having a good life, i was always set on becoming an engineer at any rate, but i simply lost interest in civil engineering, there is still other areas of engineering i could pursue of course...

Last edited:
It's a forums site? not a report or graded essay, it's not too big of a deal i find to worry about how professional a forums post looks, im deffinately first in my class

And im just wondering if there is any money in the car industry or not, no need to be rude about it, just asking and trying to find what may be the best career route for me to take, i dont want a job that i have to go to work everyday miserable and hate my life, that is just not my idea of having a good life, i was always set on becoming an engineer at any rate, but i simply lost interest in civil engineering, there is still other areas of engineering i could pursue of course...

Don't take this the wrong way but don't you have parents or mentors of some sort who can provide you guidance? Hang around this site long enough and you'll find that this is really not the kind of place where you want to get any advice or wisdom. Let me give you my unsolicited input. From an early age, everyone has on their heart what they are drawn to and they identify what gifts and talents they've been given to fulfill those desires. You should do what you are drawn to rather than look at economic or job trends. You have already been equipped to perform a certain function on this planet. Go do what you are drawn to in your heart.

The Grey Beast

Established Member
Don't take this the wrong way but don't you have parents or mentors of some sort who can provide you guidance? Hang around this site long enough and you'll find that this is really not the kind of place where you want to get any advice or wisdom. Let me give you my unsolicited input. From an early age, everyone has on their heart what they are drawn to and they identify what gifts and talents they've been given to fulfill those desires. You should do what you are drawn to rather than look at economic or job trends. You have already been equipped to perform a certain function on this planet. Go do what you are drawn to in your heart.

Thanks for the respectful input man, i have parents and such yes of course, but i mean sometimes id like some other peoples opinions on things ya know?

HoustonGT

Established Member
Get a mechanical engineering degree. That way, you can make a good deal of money and still be in the automotive industry if you choose to go that route.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
go to new york and be a garbage man, one of the highest paying jobs in the country

Users who are viewing this thread