opinions on Bush's economic stimulus package.

04SLOBRA1

RESPECT IS EARNED
Established Member
Just wanted to hear what you guys think of Bush's proposal to help boost the economy with what is being called an economic stimulus package for most people filing tax returns.

wally9404

Established Member
$850.00 for a single person and i think $1,650.00 for a family. i don't think it is going to help anybody? i will use my $850 to pay for the premium forum and pay bill's with what is left.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Dumb. Cut the capital gains and lower corporate tax to stimulate INVESTMENT in the country, not just buying more asian shit at Wal-Mart.

logan_yomtov

Established Member
appearently i don't qualify........

Most people who get one are prob gonna spend it on some POS tv made in japan, or some crap made in china from walmart. Sounds like a real boost for the economy.

usmcrebel

Established Member
it's just another band aid...but hey i can pay off a credit card, and invest in some stocks.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Dumb. Cut the capital gains and lower corporate tax to stimulate INVESTMENT in the country, not just buying more asian shit at Wal-Mart.

+1

People need to stop spending money like there is no tomorrow. Invest and save. This will only help put more people further into debt.

This whole situation has done nothing but start a panic.

Last edited:

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
I will be glad to get it, I will use it to pay for some natural gas, electricity or petrol.
17 months after having our first child we have never been so broke. I know I know, its my wife and I's fault.

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
A give away in an election year. People who don't pay taxes are going to get it ($3,000 annual income does NOT pay taxes). Whenever you hear the term "bipartisan support" be affraid.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Just wanted to hear what you guys think of Bush's proposal to help boost the economy with what is being called an economic stimulus package for most people filing tax returns.

1) It's a band-aid trying to mask more serious problems.

2) Government should stop trying to manipulate the economy. This is exactly what was wrong with the old Soviet system of central economic planning, and was a disaster for them.

3) The government should not bail out private entities (like banks and mortgage companies) who engage in shady practices.

4) The government should stop incentivizing multi-national corporations from off-shoring jobs and technology while destroying manufacturing jobs in our country.

5) Replace the current tax system with a 5% flat tax with no deductions. Government must drop "social programs" targeted at individual groups, and only spend within it's revenue limits on programs designed for the welfare of ALL citizens.

50 Proof

Established Member
If I qualify to receive this bonus, than I will be more than thrilled. I'm never one to turn down easy money.

My opinion on it, I think it's bullshit. What we have is a government that promotes consumer spending and increasing consumer debt before saving and investing for future well being. Granted, I don't have to spend this "bonus" that I'll be receiving, but the government says specifically that they need this stimulus to get into the hands of "consumers". It sounds to me that the government isn't trying to look out for the little guy, they are looking out for the large corporations that are getting crunched from a reduction in consumer spending. This stimulus sounds like a 150 billion dollar injection of funds into the economy to help boost corporate profits.

I guess in theory there isn't anything terribly wrong with this. It just amazes me that this government does very little to promote saving and investing for long term well being. I'm by far no economy or business whiz, so my interpretation of this stimulus could be WAY off.

Last edited:

darkcrayz

Established Member
people that think they will get something, as a radio dj said, have already put the purchase on their credit card. that amount of spending is not going to kick start slumping consumer spending. people will make 1 extra frivilous purchase and be done with it. the consumer lacks confidence, as such cuts spending. they need to open credit standards, lower the rate more and cut taxes for both citizens and business to spur investment and growth which will in turn require labor to go up and put more money in the consumers hands to spend.

50 Proof

Established Member
people that think they will get something, as a radio dj said, have already put the purchase on their credit card.

If that is the case, than consumers will not use the stimulus to pay off their credit card purchase. They will take that credit card purchase and make an additional purchase with their stimulus money.

Last edited:

Modularluv

Banned

Users who are viewing this thread