Opinions on a possible cobra purchase

Cory

Established Member
I'm a cobra newb, so i'm probably going to frequently post up cars that i'm interested in untill i buy one.

Found an 04 oxford white, 34k miles. Asking 22. I already set my max price at 20k, so they would have to go down to that.

The car has, a pully, idlers, FR500's, k&n CAI, bassani exhaust, lowered, accufab TB, and it says 'and more.'

So does that sound like a good deal? And, does the pully and idlers affect driveability at all? I'll dd the car.

BlownShelby10

Established Member
If you can get it for $20k that would be a pretty good price...And the idlers and pulley wont effect daily driving..Should have a good amount of power with mods u listed..Good luck with the buy

Cory

Established Member
If you can get it for $20k that would be a pretty good price...And the idlers and pulley wont effect daily driving..Should have a good amount of power with mods u listed..Good luck with the buy

Cool. I thought it sounded pretty good. The car is super clean. I'm really going for it as soon as my current car sells for the down payment.

From looking around, it sounded like intake/exhaust and pully puts them up to an avg. of 450 at the wheels?

Last edited:

ctubbs

Established Member
Its caused by poor coolant flow in the drivers side head causing excessive heat to build up. There is a video on here somewhere if you search for it that lets you listen to the noise it makes. Just make sure to check the car over good when you look at it. When i bought my car i never thought to look for a leaking diff, but once i got it home, i seen a few drips in the garage. Ask the seller if they ever did many high speed runs in it also. 5th or 6th gear WOT pulls arent good on these engines from what i hear (i dont do them) and can cause issues. Where is this car located at?

ctubbs

Established Member
Possibly?? These cars have a loud valve train and the engines make some noise, and the injectors tick on some cars. But the actual "tick" is pretty loud, you would know it if you heard it in person im sure.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ok, ive heard the tick issue come up alot, what exactly would it sound like? And what is the exact problem with the head that causes it?

Not true. The tick issue is actually very rare. Only a small percentage of 2003-2004 Cobras have actually developed it. The possibility remains, though. The only 100% cure is to update the head(s) to the 01/2005 version. Please go here for more info.
Info About The Tick Issue

And here are some useful tips on buying a used Terminator. Buying A Used Terminator

The best thing you can do is check the car out carefully. Many Terminators have been abused both on the street and at the track. Many are demodded or partially demodded in order to pass them off as being stock or not abused. The more you know the car (even through notoriety on forums such as this one) the better you will know WHAT you're buying. But don't be paranoid about it either. These cars have a pretty strong motor. And that is a big plus in most cases. JMO.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
Not true. The tick issue is actually very rare. Only a small percentage of 2003-2004 Cobras have actually developed it. The possibility remains, though. The only 100% cure is to update the head(s) to the 01/2005 version. Please go here for more info.
Info About The Tick Issue

And here are some useful tips on buying a used Terminator. Buying A Used Terminator

The best thing you can do is check the car out carefully. Many Terminators have been abused both on the street and at the track. Many are demodded or partially demodded in order to pass them off as being stock or not abused. The more you know the car (even through notoriety on forums such as this one) the better you will know WHAT you're buying. But don't be paranoid about it either. These cars have a pretty strong motor. And that is a big plus in most cases. JMO.
^ Listen to this man.

TERMIN8U!

Just a little 281ci motor
Established Member
Sounds like a good deal. I bought mine for $21,500 with 28K miles and a small list of mods.(Black 04 w/ Black interior)

Good Luck talking him down, hopefully you can get him down to your target price of 20K.

Users who are viewing this thread