Opinions on 06 Eddie Bauer Explorer

04SLOBRA1

RESPECT IS EARNED
Established Member
As the title states I am possibly going to pick up a 06 Eddie Bauer Explorer with the V8 and 16k mi. The finance is 2.9 from Ford and has an extensive warranty. I have heard the auto trans is garbage from a few people, I guess what I am looking for is first hand experiences and opinions with these Explorers in particular. Any info would help.
Thanks

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
they are nice. the 6sp tranny in them is very good. now if you were buying a v6 explorer then it would be a different story lol

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
My mom has one. The rear end has been grinding sence about 10,000 miles.
Somehow the Dealership thinks the rear end is not part of the powertrain....

BULLSHIT!!!

Other then that it is a great car!

5liter

Foxbody FTMFW!
Established Member
You will love it. We have had to Explorers and now an EB Expedition. Never a problem.:beer:

gotwood

Established Member
I have an 06 EB Explorer and IMHO it is crap. I have the V-6 though the V-8 may drive better. The tranny shifts like hell and the gas milage is worse than my 07 Dodge Ram with the 5.7 Hemi. The motor that controls the third row seats went out and the sunroof will not stop leaking. There are several other issues with the thing and I plan on getting rid of it soon.

crj814x4

Driving GOD
Established Member
My wife drives the 06 explorer v8 eddie bower edition. we got it 2 years ago and it has 60k on it already. The explorer towed my 4runner with 2 quads on a trailer and it does great. Havent had a problem with it yet and on the last service we just replaced front brakes and 4 tires. Not bad and she drives like a maniac. It get used pretty hard. We love the suv.

04SLOBRA1

RESPECT IS EARNED
Established Member
I like it a lot, got it certified at a great price and intrest rate with an extended bumper to bumper until 2 20 12, kinda crazy but the orig. in service date is the exact same day as I bought it two years later. The only thing it doesn't have is nav. It's got the opt.
18'' chromies and it's oxford white just like my cobra. This is my first suv and I don't even realize I am driving an suv until I look back. I can't nit pick anything I don't like about it. Hopefully I won't have any major problems but I will be using that bumper to bumper even if I really don't need to.

04SLOBRA1

RESPECT IS EARNED
Established Member
two tone leather is sweet and the heat is great, I am spoiled. I know there are better vehicles with more options but I can't ask for anything more

Users who are viewing this thread