Opinions on '03 F/S

Snakebitten

5150 SVT Poster
Established Member
An aquaintance of mine want's to sell his '03 Cobra. Excellent cond. 11,000 miles, pulley, headers, CAI, exhaust, plasma. Said before CAI, dynoed at 439 HP. Wants $30,000. Probably will go down. Good deal?

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
It's not outrageous...unfortunately for him, most dealers are selling brand new for that price...I'd say he'd be lucky to get $26k...those power numbers are probably right too....i bet he gained 11rwhp easily with the CAI which would put him at 450rwhp...good luck

TTA89

Established Member
If someone offered him 25k He should take it. Last week a buddy bought a 9K for 25K and another friend a few months ago go a 7800 mile for 23.5K.

Fordy

Established Member
Well another pretty big part of this is the color, wheels, 10th anv. or not,vert or coupe? Theres like 7k in variables there.

jimwood

Established Member
I would just note that most guys saying 25k is good are from the East. Welcome to California, where the average home price is over 300k and low income is considered 100k in some parts of L.A. and S.F.

Now, is 30k outrageous? Its all about the market. I personally would not buy am 03 outside of California and bring it in, unless it was stored winters. In San Diego, California, he will probably get close to 30k.

Moreover, I have bought two Cobras off of lots. You cant get a clean 03 in California for less than 27 with 11k. But I would estimate that 28 should be about right.

Last edited:

TTA89

Established Member
jimwood said:
I would just note that most guys saying 25k is good are from the East. Welcome to California, where the average home price is over 300k and low income is considered 100k in some parts of L.A. and S.F.

That describes the area around here. I bought my car out of the south for 24K with 7K on it, I pick it up in the next few weeks.

I don't see why anyone would pay 30K when dealers were blowing out NEW 04s for less than that. :shrug: :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread