opinions needed: turbo size

CPRsm

I have a 1200rwhp rating on our base kit because I've made 1200rwhp with the kit on a dyno.

However we do not rate our kits with wallace racing calculators.

I don't think you do either. It would have told you your numbers don't compute(impossible.)
Fastest car with that kit is about 8.9 on multiple cars right? On about 23psi? Are there guys running 30-40psi w those kits and nobody sees it? PTE rates that turbo at 1200hp. But you guys get 1200rwhp thru an auto? Damn! Maybe the laws of physics cease to exist when it's bolted to your kit?(PayPal 5 bucks to the person that pm's me that movie reference.)

You're making the crazy claims. I don't think a little proof is too much to ask for. Hell you claim our kit spools slower and that's why it shines. We'll see if you can come up with anything or we're expected to take your word.

Last edited:

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
I don't think you do either. It would have told you your numbers don't compute(impossible.)
Fastest car with that kit is about 8.9 on multiple cars right? On about 23psi? Are there guys running 30-40psi w those kits and nobody sees it? PTE rates that turbo at 1200hp. But you guys get 1200rwhp thru an auto? Damn! Maybe the laws of physics cease to exist when it's bolted to your kit?(PayPal 5 bucks to the person that pm's me that movie reference.)

You're making the crazy claims. I don't think a little proof is too much to ask for. Hell you claim our kit spools slower and that's why it shines. We'll see if you can come up with anything or we're expected to take your word.

This car never made it to the track when it was on that build. So it's really hard to say what it "would have ran" at the track. I could more then likley just use a wallace racing calculator and figure it out. Thanks for the link. The car left the shop with a set of stock wheels on it and later cruised around town with a set of 17" racestars. It was mostly a weekend cruiser / roll racer at the time.

If your mad that we're better at building turbo cars then you Dustin it's fine. No need to get all worked up about it. There's alot more factors that go into building a turbo car then the piping and turbo itself. But that's a thread for another day.

Goodnight Dustin! :banana:

P.S - I'm done with the bickering on this post. If you want to see if your better then us we'll be at the NMRA races this year.

Last edited:

CPRsm

This car never made it to the track when it was on that build. So it's really hard to say what it "would have ran" at the track. I could more then likley just use a wallace racing calculator and figure it out. Thanks for the link. The car left the shop with a set of stock wheels on it and later cruised around town with a set of 17" racestars. It was mostly a weekend cruiser / roll racer at the time.

If your mad that we're better at building turbo cars then you Dustin it's fine. No need to get all worked up about it. There's alot more factors that go into building a turbo car then the piping and turbo itself. But that's a thread for another day.

Goodnight Dustin! :banana:

I'm not mad about anything. It's waist deep and I'm just trying to wade through it. Idk about better at building turbo cars. Your base kits doesn't run faster than 8.9 when you claim 1200rwhp. The only way for it to keep up with our base, bare bones off the shelf kit, is to ship a car to you guys for a custom work up. A kit which you have basically modeled directly off of ours. Larger turbo, down pipe and air to water. Even the Maf tube is ran like ours which is why people get confused and we had to start putting tags on them. Which people are now doing all over also. But I digress. Then after watching our turbo choice be called "dump truck turbo" by JPC employees, wouldn't ya know it, years later you're using the same turbo on your race cars we use in our base kits. Same builder and all.

So, better at building turbo cars after you change your kit to be like ours.
Which you really shouldn't need because your base kit does "1200rwhp," but can't run a number to prove anything remotely close.
And yours even spool faster because,....idk. I got nothing there. Not sure where you pulled that from. But I mean if you run the coyote game I guess you can just say what ever you want and expect people to blindly believe it huh?

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Directly off of yours? The only similarity between either kit is the fact that we have 2 90* bends for one cold pipe. We don't even house the MAF there nor are the diameters the same.

Other then that your vauge descriptions are 100% false. We use a Precision Turbo, our existing hotside, custom down pipe out the bumper, Procharger air to water intercooler (or air to air) and besides our one modified cold pipe everything else is the same. Anyone who has a brain can easily tell that both kits are completely different in design fully. For you to even say that is mind boggling.

But you are correct we did choose to run Forced Inductions on our race car, because he could build us exactly what we want. But with that we went 8.04 with a 68mm turbo, when are you going to match that? Looks like you havent even been close with whatever larger turbo you've brought out.

2003mach1

Established Member

So if I get a kit from Dustin..... and let JPC put it on...... hmm...

CPRsm

Nothing close to 8.04? We have one at 8.05. Pretty close I'd say. That's in a street car, with our off the shelf kits, built in his garage. Only thing you have that's faster are shop racecars w custom kits.

We've already disproven your claim that big turbos don't leave hard.
I know you won't be able to but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I'll wait for any proof of your other claims.

Any 76/75 running faster than 8.9 w a 1200rwhp kit.

Your kit spools faster than mine.

bottle fed 14

Established Member
Looking at the two kits I see no way the jpc kit can out perform the cpr kit because of the hot side design the exhaust has to travel to far to get to the turbo if you look at any factory turbo setup they put the turbo as close to the cylinder head exhaust port as possible

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
Looking at the two kits I see no way the jpc kit can out perform the cpr kit because of the hot side design the exhaust has to travel to far to get to the turbo if you look at any factory turbo setup they put the turbo as close to the cylinder head exhaust port as possible

watch out guys, we've got an engineer on our hands.

CPRsm

Well he's right. Companies have even designed engines where the exhaust ports are in the valley of the engine to be closer to the turbo. A little extreme, but surely they had their reasons.

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
Well he's right. Companies have even designed engines where the exhaust ports are in the valley of the engine to be closer to the turbo. A little extreme, but surely they had their reasons.

false. those same companies use manatees to make decisions.

they write various words and phrases on large inflatable balls, then the manatees push the balls into buckets, for yes and no.

Capture.PNG

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
manatees are centuries old.

they're not good at header design though.

Their brains aren't equipped for engineering collectors and merges larger than the initial diameter, as shown in the picture above.

REDS197

Established Member

P.S - I'm done with the bickering on this post. If you want to see if your better then us we'll be at the NMRA races this year.

Didn't JPC lose to an On3 car at the last NMRA event??

Users who are viewing this thread