Opinions, I bought a used Cobra

grey03mach1

Speed Junkie
Established Member
OK, I bought an Oxford White Cobra about a month ago with 50k miles on the clock. The only visible modifications that I can see are a CAI, Flowmasters and a smaller pulley. The belt was slipping when I got it and it was a 74.5 inch belt. I replaced it with a 74 inch belt (the 73.5 belt was too small). Based on the belt size and the fact that all of the other pulleys are stock I determined I have a 2.93 pulley.
Now here is where it gets confusing, I had the car dyno'd and it made 480 hp 473 tq with 14.6 lbs of boost. The blower is really loud too so I am thinking that my blower may be ported but there is not way to tell without pulling the blower. Do these numbers sound right or could the dyno be wrong? These numbers are not corrected but the dyno shop told me that because we are 30 ft above sea level and the temp was 75 degrees with no humidity that the numbers were correct. Dunno

LSUstang05

Established Member
Who tuned your car? If it was cody, I have complete faith in him that those numbers are right. I had my truck tuned by him and he did a fantastic job on it.

Common

Established Member
Check the tb, if its ported that might be a good sign that the blower is as well. Also, check the top of the blower for steigemeyer symbol.

Good luck with the new car....

grey03mach1

Speed Junkie
Established Member
Who tuned your car? If it was cody, I have complete faith in him that those numbers are right. I had my truck tuned by him and he did a fantastic job on it.
Yes it was Cody. However, it is not tuned yet. He dyno'd it and checked the A/F.

Common Check the tb, if its ported that might be a good sign that the blower is as well. Also, check the top of the blower for steigemeyer symbol.

Good luck with the new car....
There is no Steigemeyer symbol. There is a couple of paint markings to make sure the blower lines up correctly. I do not know if all Cobras have those markings or not. One is yellow and the other is blue.

03cobra#694 No info from the previous owner?

I bought it from a dealers auction out of state for myself. I am a licensed dealer in Louisiana.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
They all have the yellow and blue marks on the front of the blower.
Any pics?What color are the injectors?

Last edited:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
They all have the yellow and blue marks on the front of the blower.
Any pics?What color are the injectors?

Great questions...was gonna ask the same one...

Seems to me it has the stock injectors so the injectors are usually good for around 500HP...that's borderline for me...hmm...
Is there a lower on the car?

Users who are viewing this thread